Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 09-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
RyanDesmond

RyanDesmond is on a distinguished road

Crosstown: Need Opinions

Hi.
I'd like to post some strips from my online comic, Crosstown.
I'll post the images here in the thread. I'm looking for opinions. Enjoy.

RyanDesmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Comix Obsession
Missing In In-Action

Comix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of light

Good Lord, that's good. It's both horrifying and highly enjoyable. Great concept, great art, and very well written. I've got nothing really to add, but just wanted to say that this really is great!
Comix Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
RyanDesmond

Thank you for saying so.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
RyanDesmond

Anything you don't like? Anything that needs improvement?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Morganza has disabled reputation

I think going from full color panels to just line art makes it dim or unfinished, you could use a unique color pallet to set up the hell atmosphere, that would be my only crank.

It looks like a fun comic to me, but if your going to censor the devil guy just put some pants on him.
Morganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
Kevin Luckham

Kevin Luckham is on a distinguished road

Personally I think it's great work all around. The only thing I would change is the word balloons. I would make them rounder and more organic looking, they are just too drastically different than your border lines. It causes a distraction.
I love the edgy writing and content, I dare say its as good or even better than Cyanide and Happiness. Let us know when its up and where so I can recommend it to my friends.
Kevin Luckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
OZ!
All Powerful Wizard

OZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really nice

I want it. I agree about the balloons but the rest is gold. Now show me where to sell my sole for a copy of this. lol

"Critics are the people that come down from the mountain after the battle to shoot the wounded."
OZ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #8
RyanDesmond

http://crosstowncomic.com
Old 09-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #9
Comix Obsession
Missing In In-Action

Comix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDesmond View Post
Anything you don't like? Anything that needs improvement?
I normally despise digitized text on a cartoon-y comic, but yours really works. I can't say why, but I like it.

Things I don't like? Hmm, I don't like that it makes me uncomfortable - I think the whole aspect of Hell working on a 'reward' system is horrifying - and amazing. I really enjoyed reading it, you had me hooked and I wasn't thinking about clicking off and finding something better to look at. It's a good looking comic, and the art works really well. I also disagree with Morganza about censoring the Devil, I think that works really well with the overall sense of humour.

I really can't think of anything that I don't like, so while this may seem like I'm blowing smoke up your a**, I'm just being honest!

Is this just a side thing, a hobby of yours (at the moment), or is it something you do professionally? Influences?
Comix Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
RyanDesmond

I've written for fun my entire life, and I've known a guy who's drawn his entire life. The whole story of Crosstown is as follows.
Him: We should do an online comic.
Me: Cool.

Are influences are more or less simply our interests. Subjects of conversation, humor and philosophy as opposed to particular artists, themes or styles.

Tags
comics, funny, religious