Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > ComixTribe > The Proving Grounds

View Poll Results: Do You Know What A "Pitch Size" Is?
No, don't have any idea 7 38.89%
I think I do, but not quite sure 5 27.78%
Absolutely 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

Poll: Do You Know What A "Pitch Size" Is?

This is in reference to TPG week 185 (and a few others directly before that).

Please do not answer the question here. We'll discuss what pitch is at a later date. I just want to know if you know what it is or not.

Thanks in advance.
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

Five votes so far.

4 who don't know, and 1 who does.

Don't be shy, people. It's anonymous.

And the poll isn't due to close anytime soon.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
crognus

crognus is a jewel in the roughcrognus is a jewel in the roughcrognus is a jewel in the rough

Yay, glad to know I'm not alone in the not knowing!
crognus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:23 PM   #4
bramjm

bramjm is on a distinguished road

I was trained to copyfit in points and picas by a German typographer, and I consider pitch size an obscure term. And Googling, turns out I had it wrong.

Avatar illustration by Chris Askham: http://www.chris-askham.co.uk/
bramjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:06 AM   #5
B-McKinley

B-McKinley has a spectacular aura aboutB-McKinley has a spectacular aura aboutB-McKinley has a spectacular aura about

I worked in graphic design for a decade and have a degree in the same and still apparently did not know (looked it up).
B-McKinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #6
Schuyler

Schuyler is just really niceSchuyler is just really niceSchuyler is just really niceSchuyler is just really niceSchuyler is just really nice

Ok. I answered the poll saying I knew and I did not know. I just looked it up. Or I half knew, I guess.
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #7
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

hmmm...I thought that was Kerning...
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

They are sort of related, but not the same thing. Kerning can impact Pitch.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #9
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m).
Old 07-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #10
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brian deberry View Post
The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m).
Those are some big F****N letters!
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #11
B-McKinley

B-McKinley has a spectacular aura aboutB-McKinley has a spectacular aura aboutB-McKinley has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brian deberry View Post
You can't just believe the first thing you read on Google.
B-McKinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #12
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

i know what it is.... sigh.

i was being a dink....
Old 07-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #13
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

They got the joke, Paul. There was a wink in there!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #14
Schuyler

Schuyler is just really niceSchuyler is just really niceSchuyler is just really niceSchuyler is just really niceSchuyler is just really nice

Haha! You took Duane's comment out because it gave the answer. Though, I'm hoping that most people have looked it up for themselves by now
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #15
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuyler View Post
Haha! You took Duane's comment out because it gave the answer. Though, I'm hoping that most people have looked it up for themselves by now
Very true, and me, too.