Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Project Showcase

Old 03-14-2021, 04:43 PM   #16
CJAnderson

CJAnderson is on a distinguished road

Artofrene - Omg, you are incredibly wise. I love how you think! I really, really appreciate your advice and I have taking it to heart. You say I need to build a website, and I will definitely do that! I plan to have it built before I finish Chp2. Or perhaps, to make a more dramatic impact, right when I release Chp2!

I feel so lucky to have met an artist like you. I am now your padiawan (starwars reference). I love your website a great deal! I've been studying your set up. When I have enough of my website built, I'd like to run it by you and get you opinion on it. I want to make sure it's created really well. You're website is so professionally done, I love it!

You are right, you pretty much have to be crazy to be a comic artist. I also think you have to be crazy to ever think outside of the box in any way. Anything thought that goes outside of the norm paints one as abnormal. Which I guess its fine since you are what you are. Might as well be your authentic self. My intent is to bring people together, so if it takes a crazy mind to do that, so be it. I also think that perhaps, artists in general are a little crazy, but they tend to be my favorite people!

Chapter 2 is definitely happening. I just have to finish the art for it. I'm so excited. I feel like people are going to really enjoy the fact that this isn't just some political argument-story, when they see the sci-fi elements. So many things tie together but I regress because I don't want to spoil it.

You mention that there is value in failing really fast. It's funny because part of me hopes to fail, and part of me hopes to win, because either way all I care about is the truth of what I should be doing, which I'll learn regardless. I can't wait to see my sales for this 2nd month because that will also help determine the truth of how well or horrible I'm doing with this product. But I think things are going good.

Also, yes, promoting art online is indeed work. BUT, I am starting to understand it more, which is causing me to have so much fun now that it feels less like work, and more like enjoyment that I need to remember to partake in.

You say I need to be posting a lot more frequently, and again, I've taken that to heart and I've started doing that more. I just need to progress slowly into the habit of this. Luckily I have an artbook I made of the story that I can pull a lot of pages from for this, which I started posting.

Again Artofrene, you are a true gem of a person. Great advice! Tumblr still confuses me though. Not sure how to attract more people there.

If Aetherius does well, I have so many other projects I want to finish and release, but it's all Aetherius first.

Rene, you are the best! thank you! And sorry for so much writing here. When I get excited, I tend to have a lot to say on subjects, lol! Cheers.

M
CJAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 05:04 PM   #17
CJAnderson

CJAnderson is on a distinguished road

Hi pandayboss! I totally agree, I need a website! I will be making one soon. And yes, you need a website, lol! Let's make it our priority to have this happen.

Thank you for the kind words on my writing and art ability. One of the challenges I gave myself with this book is to see if I had any writing ability, or if I'm just more visual art oriented. It's strange and fun to see that I can do both. Thank you for the compliments!

It's interesting to view a person who wrote and visually portray a work of art, is like a film reel in the creator' imagination. This is spot on to me because if I had the connections and the ability, I would just be a film maker. One day I realized that I can potentially do that in the form of comics. I have to put these ideas somewhere, and this seems to be the best way to do it.

Also, I just realized that your Darry on Deviant Art! Nice to meet you! That "Viking Pages 1A-1B sample" on you DA gallery looks awesome!

M
CJAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 02:15 PM   #18
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJAnderson View Post
Hi pandayboss! I totally agree, I need a website! I will be making one soon. And yes, you need a website, lol! Let's make it our priority to have this happen.

Thank you for the kind words on my writing and art ability. One of the challenges I gave myself with this book is to see if I had any writing ability, or if I'm just more visual art oriented. It's strange and fun to see that I can do both. Thank you for the compliments!

It's interesting to view a person who wrote and visually portray a work of art, is like a film reel in the creator' imagination. This is spot on to me because if I had the connections and the ability, I would just be a film maker. One day I realized that I can potentially do that in the form of comics. I have to put these ideas somewhere, and this seems to be the best way to do it.

Also, I just realized that your Darry on Deviant Art! Nice to meet you! That "Viking Pages 1A-1B sample" on you DA gallery looks awesome!

M
Thank you, CJAnderson! I'm glad you liked the Viking pages. I tried a different style and make it more artsy. Although I was happy with the results but I have to cut down on too my lines. After so much thoughts, I've decided to re-do those pages. I will make it simpler and very minimal. I have the idea for awhile on how I'd do it again.

Keep up the great work! You have that rare talent. Keep safe!
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:31 AM   #19
artofrene

artofrene is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJAnderson View Post
Artofrene - Omg, you are incredibly wise. I love how you think! I really, really appreciate your advice and I have taking it to heart. You say I need to build a website, and I will definitely do that! I plan to have it built before I finish Chp2. Or perhaps, to make a more dramatic impact, right when I release Chp2!

I feel so lucky to have met an artist like you. I am now your padiawan (starwars reference). I love your website a great deal! I've been studying your set up. When I have enough of my website built, I'd like to run it by you and get you opinion on it. I want to make sure it's created really well. You're website is so professionally done, I love it!

You are right, you pretty much have to be crazy to be a comic artist. I also think you have to be crazy to ever think outside of the box in any way. Anything thought that goes outside of the norm paints one as abnormal. Which I guess its fine since you are what you are. Might as well be your authentic self. My intent is to bring people together, so if it takes a crazy mind to do that, so be it. I also think that perhaps, artists in general are a little crazy, but they tend to be my favorite people!

Chapter 2 is definitely happening. I just have to finish the art for it. I'm so excited. I feel like people are going to really enjoy the fact that this isn't just some political argument-story, when they see the sci-fi elements. So many things tie together but I regress because I don't want to spoil it.

You mention that there is value in failing really fast. It's funny because part of me hopes to fail, and part of me hopes to win, because either way all I care about is the truth of what I should be doing, which I'll learn regardless. I can't wait to see my sales for this 2nd month because that will also help determine the truth of how well or horrible I'm doing with this product. But I think things are going good.

Also, yes, promoting art online is indeed work. BUT, I am starting to understand it more, which is causing me to have so much fun now that it feels less like work, and more like enjoyment that I need to remember to partake in.

You say I need to be posting a lot more frequently, and again, I've taken that to heart and I've started doing that more. I just need to progress slowly into the habit of this. Luckily I have an artbook I made of the story that I can pull a lot of pages from for this, which I started posting.

Again Artofrene, you are a true gem of a person. Great advice! Tumblr still confuses me though. Not sure how to attract more people there.

If Aetherius does well, I have so many other projects I want to finish and release, but it's all Aetherius first.

Rene, you are the best! thank you! And sorry for so much writing here. When I get excited, I tend to have a lot to say on subjects, lol! Cheers.

M
Hey, M, that sounds great. More power to you, and thank you for the kind words, I知 flattered, truly!

My own website is a constant work in progress. I admit, when I知 not working on art, I知 tinkering around with all sorts of non-art related tasks. From building my website in Wordpress, scheduling my social media posts, making and editing my art videos. It痴 a ton of work that just goes into the set up and prep to begin to start building an online presence.

I壇 be happy to take a look at your website. I知 sure you値l do fine. As for my 努isdom, I have to admit, I知 just like you. I知 learning as I go along. I will say that one Youtube show that really has great info is 1FantasticWeek. Look them up on YouTube, they致e got great episodes specifically about fantasy artists, but they really do talk about being independent artists. I致e gotten so much info and inspiration from them over the last three years. The deep dive into a lot of aspects of being a modern day artist. They talk financials, work process, mental health. All with it geared toward independent artists. Peter Mohrbacher is my strongest influence for getting serious about my digital painting.

But of course, the most important thing is the work. And I have seen you posting more online, which is great. It痴 always a tough call. It seems like one the one hand, we池e all chasing the algorithm. But then, sometimes you just have to 堵o dark for a while and do the work. I don稚 think there痴 ever a one size fits all solution. But, if we can all help each other learn, that痴 what community is all about
artofrene is offline   Reply With Quote