Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / Collaborations

Old 09-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
JuanNavarro
Writer/Artist FWACATA.com

JuanNavarro is on a distinguished road

LOOKING FOR AN INKER and/or COLORIST for Supernatural Noir book (PAID)

Hello,
My Name is Juan Navarro and I help run a small publisher called CREATURE ENTERTAINMENT out of Miami, Florida. You may have seen us at many south east cons this year, and in such places as San Diego Comic Con and New York Comic-con and now coming up next week, Baltimore Comic-con.

If you go to our website, you'll see all the different book we publish and you'll see some of the work I do. I'm the editor-in-chief and oversee the brand and idea of CREATURE ENTERTAINMENT.

Right now I'm working on an exciting book called REZ, A THOUSAND LIVES AN HOUR, a 5 Issue series, which we already have a script for and a penciller. It's a Supernatural Noir piece, with a bit of police procedural. It's about a Detective who has access to his past lives, and uses it to solve crimes. I'll leave it at that.

I have an awesome penciller working on it already, Johndell Snead, who is tearing up the page! And right now I'm looking for a colorist and/or inker for his pencils to finish the first issue.

I don't have preference either way right now, I'm just looking for the right look. I'm thinking the book may be in B&W, but if the right person came along, I could push it into color, and also vice versa. All of this depends on colorist or inkers we get.

Open to any style, loose or hard, we're just trying to find a happy median. This is an adult crime book with supernatural touches to it, so not looking for Kirby dots or Big muscles but looking for light and shade, and textures. The more expressive, I think over John's pencils, the better.

Here is page 2 from the first issue as a sample, feel free to ink it up to show what you can do, though you don't have to, but it would give me a better grasp on who to hire/pick.

Pay is $10+ inks per page, $25.00+ Inked and Colored though I am open to paying more depending on what is put in, and obviously the level of work. We're not looking for the fastest turnaround since we don't plan to release the first issue till next year or so. You may have work loads of 4 pages every two weeks or so.

JuanNavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Tags
colorist, inker, inking, paid comic work, work for hire