Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Inker Showcase

Old 10-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
hallettoon

hallettoon is on a distinguished road

My Digital Ink Portfolio

Here's what I showed at NY Comic-Con 2013 — I got some incredible responses! I'm following up on the interested publishers now... Hoping for a big assignment to come soon!

I inked these in Manga Studio on a 21UX Wacom Cintiq.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ok_FULLKIT.pdf
hallettoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
L Jamal
ljamal.com

L Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud of

That's a 45 page PDF
If you want anyone to see this portfolio, then you need to reduce the number of pages.
I stopped before the first page loaded because it was taking too long. It was only then that I noticed the 45 pages.

FOR ALL YOUR WEB AND PRINT NEEDS
PORTFOLIO
L Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Charles
New Hero

Charles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really nice

I downloaded it, and browsed through it. My first impression? There's a nice range of character art incorporated into it. It was a positive first impression.

Is it just the inking that is yours, or did you do everything included in this PDF file?

Insofar as the inking, only, is concerned, you're certainly talented. As with most artists' work I encountered, some individual pieces are invariably better than are others. There's not much way around that, unfortunately, no matter how good that one gets.

Ironically, the Justice League was not one of my favorite pieces in this PDF file. That top Batman panel, while it's not my favorite style, it was inked with visual impact. The Spectre piece I like, a lot. The page with the girl shooting a machine good, that black visual effect looks really nice. I'm not a fan of Superman's "S", in another piece, as it looks more like a plaque hanging on his chest.

All things considered, it was worth downloading and looking at.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cintiq, comic book, digital, inking