Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 08-25-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

"Lizard's Id" mock cover

Threw some text on this short story illustration to mock up a cover design-

(Remember, available in serialized form over at Paul DeBerry's http://fisticuffswriting.com

Old 08-28-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Tim's story is great!

The cover is great.

I try to update with a new chapter every couple of days. Tomorrow another update will post.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

Elevator pitch from my blog:

Remember, this short story about a psychopathic (but sweet hearted!) gangster-cum-comic-strip-mogul is available to read at Paul Deberry's site http://fisticuffswriting.com
____
Note: "cum" here means he becomes a mini-mogul, not... Some other meaning.

If you can get through the first short installment to set things up, I think it picks up after that. I tried to write it very cinematically, not a lot of boring description or literary bs. It has action, humor (I hope), and deep, profound reflection on the state of the funnies..... Well sort of... O_o
Old 08-31-2019, 07:51 AM   #4
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Pretty good!
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:11 PM   #5
TimR

Thanks Dario you're too kind. Not sure if you mean the new added text though, or if you went and read the story...?
Kudos to anyone who goes and reads prose fiction in this day and age of entertainment overload...

Plus I know personally I don't like reading long form on a screen. Assume many others feel the same.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:39 PM   #6
artman

artman is on a distinguished road

Very cool, the added type adds to the image to create a very nice action movie vibe. Well done.
artman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #7
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR View Post
Thanks Dario you're too kind. Not sure if you mean the new added text though, or if you went and read the story...?
Kudos to anyone who goes and reads prose fiction in this day and age of entertainment overload...

Plus I know personally I don't like reading long form on a screen. Assume many others feel the same.
Hey TimR, yes I read the first two chapters and I like it. Hard boil style prose is my thing! Elroy & Konrath, yes, I love those styles. Your story is interesting indeed. I'll have to get back and read again for sure. Oh and I love reading prose but same here I don't like reading on the screen.

And the cover too, nicely done!! Keep it up, brother!
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #8
TimR

Thanks for that feedback, Dario! I'm really only familiar with Elmore Leonard as far as the crime genre. Mine adds in a little humor since I'd have a hard time pretending I know much about the reality of life in the underworld. But I tried to fake it as best I could, ha.

Thanks artman. I enjoy type and graphic design, fun to play around with.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:17 PM   #9
TimR

P.s. actually Leonard is pretty dryly funny himself, that's what attracted me. Mine is a little zanier though, more absurd situations than Leonard would do.