Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 02-08-2020, 03:49 PM   #1
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

"Free Market Blues"

4 new Sippy-Cup of Evil strips...

Old 02-09-2020, 08:01 PM   #2
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

hahaha. funny.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:17 PM   #3
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

Apparently I'm the only one who wonders these things
Old 02-16-2020, 07:07 PM   #4
Roel_Torres
Trying to be helpful

Roel_Torres will become famous soon enough

1) Magazines do not survive on the strength of book store sales and magazine racks, they generate income from selling advertising in their pages.

2) They base their ad rates on the number of their subscribers. That's why they are willing to let people subscribe for $0.50 an issue -- it increases their subscription number, and they can charge more. A lot of publications will even let you subscribe for free, because it leads to better ad rates and makes it a profitable situation for them.

3) Not sure why you've never seen anyone buy the New Yorker. Lots of people I know buy it regularly, some of them have lifetime subscriptions. Personally, I consider it one of the best-written magazines available.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:48 PM   #5
TimR

1) Magazines may not care about newsstand sales, but how does the bookstore survive without selling product?

2) agree

3) Do your friends buy it for cover price of $8.99? I can see paying 50 cents, maybe, it usually has some interesting pieces. I'm not really even that into it myself, but I wouldn't scoff at anyone paying 50 cents.

Anyway, thanks for your help!