Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 07-12-2020, 11:34 PM   #1
A_Breen

A_Breen is on a distinguished road

[PAID]- Seeking Artist for an Anthology Story

Hello,

My Name is Alex Breen.

I'm looking for an artist to work with on a 6-page story for Big Hype Comics' anthology project they're putting together. It's a black and white, 5x7.5 manga sized format inspired by Shonen Jump, only this is for western comics. Art will go from left to right like a normal western comic (I've confirmed that with the publisher already)

Link to their page for the details- (http://www.bighypecomics.com/project-big-hype)

One important point I'd like to add upfront, this gig will be paid upon our pitch being accepted by the publisher. So I will not require any work from you until I receive that confirmation (Presumably) on 8-14-2020, according to the website. So initially, what we'll be agreeing to is for me to be able to use your name as part of the creative team for the initial pitch and upon that acceptance notification from the publisher, our work would begin and the official art would have to be submitted to the publisher no later than 11-31-2020. Though it would be preferable for the art to be completed sooner so the letterer can complete their portion of the job.

Though I can't guarantee the pitch will be accepted by the publisher I am willing to offer a 50 dollar retainer fee as a show of good faith to the artist I select. Payment will be sent via PayPal immediately upon email agreement.

With all of that in mind, the rate that I'm comfortable with paying is between 75 to 150 dollars per page for pencil and inks. However, I am willing to negotiate this price point if you charge more. Payment would be sent with the following method: half of the rate upfront and the other half upon completion (When you email me the 300DPI high res pages in either TIFF or PDF format, I typically will pay you the same day I receive them. Otherwise, you'll receive the payment the next day. I'm committed to being timely with my payments.) with payments sent through Paypal. If you prefer a different payment method we can negotiate that as well though I strongly prefer Paypal.

The story I'm pitching is a Crime-Comedy that plays into and subverts lone wolf narratives like Taxi Driver and Joker. So for this assignment I'll need someone who can balance tense pages with humorous ones. Someone with a moody noir style is a plus.

Resume: Last year I self-published my own martial arts OGN which is available on comixology if you would you like to see an example of my work. https://www.comixology.com/Alex-Bree...-creator/38330

For any inquires please email me directly at alexbreencomics@gmail.com. Do not PM me on here since I will not see it.

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.
A_Breen is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 09:03 PM   #2
A_Breen

A_Breen is on a distinguished road

Position has been filled. Thank you for applying.
A_Breen is offline   Reply With Quote