Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Project Showcase

Old 07-24-2019, 01:56 PM   #1
Rene A.

Rene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really nice

"Ena, Ethereal Reveal" - Grayscale Painting Phase

My latest effort for my Realm Ethereal collection of art and stories. The figure here is Ena, Ethereal of Order. In this image, I reveal the face behind the mask. The symbol that appears before her is a mask of sorts. In my first painting of Ena, the symbol covers her face. In this series (Ethereal Reveal), I show the faces of these mysterious, magical beings behind their symbolic masks.

This is the grayscale phase, color will follow once this phase is completed.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
GeeBeezy1

GeeBeezy1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene A. View Post
My latest effort for my Realm Ethereal collection of art and stories. The figure here is Ena, Ethereal of Order. In this image, I reveal the face behind the mask. The symbol that appears before her is a mask of sorts. In my first painting of Ena, the symbol covers her face. In this series (Ethereal Reveal), I show the faces of these mysterious, magical beings behind their symbolic masks.

This is the grayscale phase, color will follow once this phase is completed.

Niiiice! I got a Boris Vallejo vibe when I first looked at it.
GeeBeezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
Rene A.

Rene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeBeezy1 View Post
Niiiice! I got a Boris Vallejo vibe when I first looked at it.
Thanks! I've been getting that lately, so I'll take it. It's funny, when I first started painting a few years back, Boris was my very first inspiration. The truth is, I've really not been channeling him or even thinking about him in the last year since starting this project. Especially since I started working digitally.

But, I have been using more reference than ever lately and perhaps that's where it's coming from. That and the obvious fantasy-slanted and physique-oriented emphasis in my subject matter