Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 06-19-2020, 08:52 AM   #1
Ingrid K. V. Hardy
Owner of a Rabid Horse

Ingrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant future

Shipping Question for Canadians

For the Canadians here, which company do you use for shipping? Now that I've got something that will need shipping anywhere (approx 3 or fewer pounds), I've just discovered shipping is EXPENSIVE!

I've been using the online CanadaPost app for shipping flat mailers for my cards, but now I'll be shipping a book in a box. It'll cost about $1500 to ship them all! 😨

Does anyone have advice...?

Over 50 and still nifty.
Ingrid K. V. Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 12:32 PM   #2
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Yes...it's so expensive to ship anywhere in Canada. Same in my province of Alberta...it's not cheap. Not only they'd go with the weight but also the measurement of the package per cost. For example, a slim 11X17 envelope cost much cheaper than a heavy and large box.

I usually add the shipping cost to the order so you're not spending any amount in shipping. What I did before I process the order, I'd go to a post office and ask for rate per item. No other way around to save for sure.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:03 AM   #3
Randy Stone

Randy Stone is on a distinguished road

I just read about chitchats.com this morning. While I haven't looked into them yet, it seemed like you can save a lot sending internationally through them.
Randy Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:18 AM   #4
L Jamal
ljamal.com

L Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud of

If you have a substantial number in the US, then having a US based fulfilment company could help.

FOR ALL YOUR WEB AND PRINT NEEDS
PORTFOLIO
L Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:38 PM   #5
Ingrid K. V. Hardy
Owner of a Rabid Horse

Ingrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandayboss View Post
Yes...it's so expensive to ship anywhere in Canada. Same in my province of Alberta...it's not cheap. Not only they'd go with the weight but also the measurement of the package per cost. For example, a slim 11X17 envelope cost much cheaper than a heavy and large box.

I usually add the shipping cost to the order so you're not spending any amount in shipping. What I did before I process the order, I'd go to a post office and ask for rate per item. No other way around to save for sure.
I just discover sending the same size package in a flatter bubble mailer costs much less than a box. Who knew. However I have very little confidence in a bubble mailer... It's almost the only option, though, when shipping to... well... anywhere outside of North America. Outside of NA, shipping STARTS at $50 (from Canada) just for regular air mail...

Over 50 and still nifty.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:40 PM   #6
Ingrid K. V. Hardy
Owner of a Rabid Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Stone View Post
I just read about chitchats.com this morning. While I haven't looked into them yet, it seemed like you can save a lot sending internationally through them.
Will take a look!

Before finishing my project, I did look into UPS, FEDEX, CanadaPost (which is what I finally used), and Shipstation. Best options for the next go around are likely looking at better boxing/envelope solutions.

Over 50 and still nifty.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:41 PM   #7
Ingrid K. V. Hardy
Owner of a Rabid Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Jamal View Post
If you have a substantial number in the US, then having a US based fulfilment company could help.
The majority went to the US (about 70 or so packages). To the US isn't so bad...

Over 50 and still nifty.