Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 06-21-2020, 02:24 PM   #1
artofadamlumb

artofadamlumb is on a distinguished road

PAID Rich and Strange Press need ARTIST for Russian cyberpunk sci-fi thriller

Hello fellow sequential artists. I’m Adam Lumb, artist and writer of "The Tide" dark fantasy comic series published through my imprint, Rich and Strange Press.

You can see my work here:

https://www.amazon.com/Tide-Debut-Ad...2047935&sr=8-2

What's the project?

I’ve written a new short comic series (English language initially). It’s a near future, Russian Cyberpunk vibe with a strong sense of verisimilitude. This is not a shiny explosive sci-fi adventure. It’s real world with well drawn buildings that give a sense of place. Character “acting” will be very important.

This sci-fi thriller explores themes of the bad decisions we make when we are afraid and centres around a young woman living in a futuristic Russia.

The story is original but the tone and genre stands on the shoulders of many great visual story tellers. This is comics (not film) but if you like the works of Luc Besson (Nikita, Leon, Lucy, Anna) you'll like it. If you like the tone of Russian sci-fi like Babylon AD and the grit of Night Watch and Day Watch you'll like it. If you like films like Salt and the works of Alex Garland you'll like it.

I’d love to draw this myself only... (having drafted the script) ... I don’t think I am the right artist for this project. Plus I am currently drawing the next book in The Tide series.

Payment and terms:

I can offer this as work-for-hire for a page rate of £25 sterling per page for completed pencils and inks (or pencils inks and colours prefered) plus a royalty on sales.

The initial script is for 12 pages.

If you prefer I am open to discussing shared creative ownership of the property in place of an up front work-for-hire fee (see separate post in Collaboration Forum thread).

You can see my past Kickstarter campaigns above. The intention is to create a pilot comic first on Kickstarter as proof of concept for the market place.

I'll be publishing this through my imprint Rich and Strange Press. These books are registered with ISBNs, registered with libraries, sold on Amazon, Comixology and in comics shops and I will take the lead on marketing and distribution unless you would like to suggest alternatives through your networks.

All agreements will be properly contracted to ensure everyone is clear about rights ownership and obligations to ensure an honest and open working partnership.

Payment on submission of completed pages with 30 days by Paypal unless otherwise agreed by contract. Timescales to be mutually agreed in contract.

Am I the right writer for you?

Collaboration is a two way street and so you might want to see if you like how I write. If you’d like to read my work and get a feel for how I write you can download a free copy of The Tide here:

https://www.artofadamlumb.com

And here you will find my latest Kickstarter campaigns:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...umb/the-tide-2

I’m looking for an artist to take this to Kickstarter with me to test the market and then develop the series with me.

What kind of stories do you like to tell?

You’ll love drawing Russian Cyberpunk, Russian cityscapes, scifi tech and can draw beautiful women with heart and character - not stereotypes.

You'll be able to produce print-ready pages (whatever that means to you for your art rather than only pencils, inks or colours stages - though if you have very strong pencils and inks we can discuss other colour solutions).

Unlike my other book the script is broken down on a 9 panel grid.

Lettering can be handled by a lettering professional unless you offer this service.

How to submit:

If this sounds like something you might be interested in Kickstarting this year, and you have time to work on it, please email me sample pages of your sequential work so I can see if might fit the story and we can then discuss further.

You’ll be over 18 and can be based anywhere in the world.

You can send concept work and cover designs as additional material but I am primarily interested in seeing you sequential story telling work.

Please send sample pages to:

richandstrangepress@gmail.com

There is no deadline on submissions. The search is open until I find the right artist to collaborate with. It's as important to me as our work that we have a meeting of minds about the direction of the story and enjoy working together. I look forward to hearing from you and I appreciate you submitting, regardless of outcome, as I know how much work goes in to producing comic pages.

Let's make an amazing comic.

My thanks,

Adam

Still reading. Want to know when this Russian Cyberpunk comes out but not planning to work on it. Fab! Please visit my website and join the mailing list and I'll let you know as soon we publish this book. www.artofadamlumb.com Thank you.
artofadamlumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 12:15 PM   #2
artofadamlumb

Hello. I understand the links are broken above. Please find the correct links below

https://www.amazon.com/Tide-Debut-Ad...3619675&sr=8-2

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...umb/the-tide-2

www.artofadamlumb.com
Old 07-08-2020, 10:17 AM   #3
artofadamlumb

ADVERT CLOSED

Thank you to all the amazing artists who have submitted portfolios. It’s been fantastic to see so much great art. I really appreciate your interest in the project and you will have received replies from me directly to your emails.

An artist has now been agreed for this project and submissions are closed.

If you are a Letterer, Graphic Designer or Print Production Manager please let me know. A new advert will be posted for these roles.

Thanks

Adam
RichandStrangePress@gmail.com
Old 09-22-2020, 06:04 AM   #4
artofadamlumb

PAID work for Letterers and Designers.

Letterer and Graphic Designer wanted for Russian Cyberpunk book from $5-10 per page

Logo (Title) Design circa $50

(NB artist positions is closed but Letter and Designer positions still open - Sept 2020)

Are you passionate about Cyrillic Russian fonts and Cyberpunk?

Interested in fashion graphic design?

Rich and Strange Press is seeking a:

-Comic book Letterer
-Graphic Designer
-Logo Designer
-Book Designer
-Print and Production Manager

Skills:
-Skilled in InDesign and Illustrator
-Able to prepare print ready files
-If you can speak and read both Russian and English that’s an advantage.

You’ll be over 18 and can be based anywhere in the world. This is work for hire work.

Please let me know the skills you have from the list above when applying.

—————————————-/////

Rich and Strange Press is producing new Russian Science Fiction Cyberpunk comic book for Kickstarter this Autumn.

Circa 12 pages of comics plus “back matter”.

The story is original but the tone and genre stands on the shoulders of many great visual story tellers. This is comics (not film) but if you like the works of Luc Besson (Nikita, Leon, Lucy, Anna) you'll like it. If you like the tone of Russian sci-fi like Babylon AD and the grit of Night Watch and Day Watch you'll like it. If you like films like Salt and the works of Alex Garland (Sunshine, Ex Machina, Annihilation, you'll like it).

If you can speak and read Russian and English that’s an advantage.

—————————————-/////

We make beautiful books - often in hardback. Things to keep.

You can read reviews about our books here.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1999957709..._20hhFbC9VNAXJ

And we admire the graphic design of other publishers such as Humanoids.

We believe in excellent lettering to tell stories and placement, styling and kerning all matter.

We believing in excellent book design helps sell book from cover design to creating a product the feels great.

And we know how important print management and liaising with printers is to prepare artwork for print.

You can find out more about me (Adam) at https://www.artofadamlumb.com

You’ll be passionate about the Russian Cyberpunk aesthetic combined with timeless couture.

The book will be for the English market but will included use of the Cyrillic alphabet in its design influence therefore knowledge of both English and Russian would be an advantage.

Lettering and production fee starting FROM $5-10 per page with other design skills by discussion.

Payment on sign off of completed pages and print ready artwork.

This is work-for-hire work. Full contract supplied.

Please contact me with:
-which of the skills services you are offering from the list above
-examples of your relevant work
-examples of influences for this project
-tell me why you are interested in this project

And if you are not a letter or designer but know someone who you think might be interested in working on this project please share a link to this post.

I really look forward to hearing from you.

richandstrangepress@gmail.com

Adam

Tags
artist comic paid work, cyberpunk, jobs, science fiction, writer seeking artist