Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / Collaborations

Old 01-11-2016, 10:09 AM   #1
MGordon

MGordon is on a distinguished road

Writer Seeks Artist For 4-Issue Horror/Sci-Fi Miniseries (PUBLISHER ATTACHED)

Hi everyone,

My name is Michael Gordon and I am a published comics writer. Most recently I had a short story in the 'Out Of The Blue: A Collection Of Campfire Tales' anthology graphic novel from Stache Publishing.

I am looking for an artist to collaborate with on a 4-issue undersea horror/sci-fi miniseries that is currently in production with a well known UK Indie publisher.

Each issue will be 20 pages long, and the first script is completed, edited and ready to go. The previous artist has had to leave the project, unfortunately, so this is a great opportunity for a reliable, awesome artist to come aboard a project that is already in motion and aiming for publication in September as a trade paperback (preceded by a digital release of the single issues).

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM or e-mail mikeonfireAThotmailDOTcom with samples of your work and we can discuss the project further, including terms and conditions etc.

Thanks!
MGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #2
MGordon

*update - paid*

Hi guys,

I'm updating this thread to let everyone know that the chosen artist for this project will be paid.

I can pay $10 per pencilled and inked page, so that's $200 per 20 page issue/$800 over the 4 issues. I am aware that this is a low page rate, but realistically it is what I know I can afford and will be able to pay the artist in a timely fashion via Paypal.

The artist will also get a cut of the backend revenue/royalties on the project, which is set-up and in progress with the publisher (two full scripts completed). We can discuss the revenue split over e-mail.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 01-29-2016, 12:04 PM   #3
MGordon

*update - pay increased*

Hi everyone,

In order to find the right candidate for this job, I am increasing the pay to $1000 for the four 20 page issues, as well as a 40% cut of the creators revenue on the backend.

I should also say that the top UK indie publisher recently saw two of it's talents, a writer and artist team, go on to create an Image Comics title, and the artist of that duo also has work coming up for Boom Studios.

This means that the publisher is gaining a reputation as a place for new comics talent to be spotted and to grow in the industry.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 01-31-2016, 09:46 AM   #4
MGordon

Thank you to everyone who has e-mailed and messaged me about this job.

The position has been filled, so this thread is now closed.

Thanks again!

Michael