Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Project Showcase

Old 04-01-2019, 10:53 PM   #1
artman

artman is on a distinguished road

I have a new book out now...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1091633916...2080_397514860https://www.amazon.com/Chaman-Michae...al-text&sr=1-3

https://www.amazon.com/Chaman-Michae...al-text&sr=1-3

here's a vid I worked up for it...

https://youtu.be/zib8LYKuqRQ
artman is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 07:13 PM   #2
Neil Allen

Neil Allen is on a distinguished road

Tips on salesmanship:

Tell us something about the book in your post and why you feel we should read it or why we might be interested in it.

Post more pages than just that picture. Give us a preview.

Post that video in the actual topic instead of just a link. The forum software should allow you to do that.

You have to go into this thinking people don't care at all about what you're doing (because most of them don't), so you have to throw some stuff in their face to hook them. I don't feel that image alone and those hyperlinks is particularly effective at that. Although, I feel your logo is simple, but quite bold. So there is that.
Neil Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:37 AM   #3
artman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Allen View Post
Tips on salesmanship:

Tell us something about the book in your post and why you feel we should read it or why we might be interested in it.

Post more pages than just that picture. Give us a preview.

Post that video in the actual topic instead of just a link. The forum software should allow you to do that.

You have to go into this thinking people don't care at all about what you're doing (because most of them don't), so you have to throw some stuff in their face to hook them. I don't feel that image alone and those hyperlinks is particularly effective at that. Although, I feel your logo is simple, but quite bold. So there is that.
thanks for the comments and great advice. i am going to post the first 4 to 5 pages soon. also, if there is a way to post vids, i dont see it. also i plan on posting what i hope will be a better vid so if you know a way to post it, let me know. the book is my version of batman with a short origin story with a car chase and a fight. pretty much an action piece. here is page one,of the kindle version, the print version has extra pages...

Old 04-03-2019, 02:42 AM
artman
This message has been deleted by artman. Reason: test
Old 04-03-2019, 06:33 PM   #4
Neil Allen

Neil Allen is on a distinguished road

To post a video, when you make a post, hit the "Go Advanced" button. Then you will see an input area, and on the row right above that, you will see a button for Youtube videos on the far right. Click on that and then input the part of the video's url address AFTER the part that says watch?v=. I understand that last part can be a bit confusing. Better systems just allow you to conveniently throw the whole url in there.

Here is an example. The video is random and just used because it was convenient for me.

Neil Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:42 AM   #5
artman

thanks for the help.