Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Project Showcase

Old 07-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #1
engcheedraws

engcheedraws will become famous soon enough

Roleplayers #03

A good day to the online community here at Digital Webbing, I would like to share the latest issue of a comic series I'm working on.

Roleplayers is a comic series about a group of tabletop role-playing gamers and their misdventures in game and in life.
I have previously shared the first 2 issues on the forum but that was several months ago. If you are interested to read the first 2 issues, you can check out all 3 issues via issuu here.

Here's the first 8 pages along with the cover. I think it is apt since it's convention season and the story revolves around cosplay and touches on the issue of cosplay bullying. Thank you very much for your interest.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:45 AM   #2
engcheedraws

Old 07-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #3
juan.a.stewart
awesome nobody

juan.a.stewart is just really nicejuan.a.stewart is just really nicejuan.a.stewart is just really nicejuan.a.stewart is just really nicejuan.a.stewart is just really nicejuan.a.stewart is just really nice

You got some cool looking stuff.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:58 PM   #4
engcheedraws

Hey Juan, thanks for your kind words!
Old 07-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
mikeexner3
I writ gud?

mikeexner3 is just really nicemikeexner3 is just really nicemikeexner3 is just really nicemikeexner3 is just really nice

Great art style, and fun slice-of-life story. The dialogue is a little stiff in places, but overall very impressive work. Thanks for sharing!

@MikeExner3 - Loophole Comics

ADAMANT updated every Monday!

FREE comics on my PATREON!
mikeexner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:09 AM   #6
engcheedraws

Hi Mike Exner III, my writing does need work. Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated
Old 07-16-2015, 12:54 AM   #7
Effess

Effess is on a distinguished road

I just read your #1, #2, and #3. Your artwork looks great, especially the view of the convention. I know what drawing crowds and signs are like. I also feel good about how the guys aren't the punching bag side characters you might normally see of students around a school with such interests. You've shown they're cared about sometimes instead of just only laughed at. Their club is probably the only club I would've joined around my school if it were there years ago.
Effess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:24 AM   #8
engcheedraws

Hi Effess, it means a lot to me that the work spoke to you in such a positive way. Knowing that there are people out there who enjoy the comics is really encouraging. Thanks so much for your feedback
Old 07-27-2015, 04:31 AM   #9
Blue Wolf

Blue Wolf is on a distinguished road

I just got done reading issues one and two. I really LOVE this! I would be interested in buying some physical copies when it's said and done.
Blue Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:42 AM   #10
engcheedraws

Hey Blue Wolf, thanks so much! I am self publishing and can only afford small print runs of books that are sold in Singapore where I am based. For buyers overseas, I'm afraid I can only offer the digital comic via the links on my site. I am intending to release the first 4 issues for free to read online though, so do stay tuned Once again, thank you so much for your kind comments!
Old 07-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #11
Blue Wolf

Blue Wolf is on a distinguished road

Alright, that's cool! I understand shipping overseas is probably NOT economical for a small self publishing project. I'm REALLY digging this story and I'm going to be keeping track of it. Thank you for creating this, it's great.
Blue Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote