Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / Collaborations

Old 02-20-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
bretturen

bretturen is on a distinguished road

Writers and artists! Submissions open for Torsobear 'toy-noir' anthology comic

Hi all, my name is Brett Uren, i've written/drawn 'Kuzimu' for 215 Ink and 'The Vale' for Dead Universe, plus some other short tales.

The digital-only anthology Outre #2 ran my 8 page short, 'Torsobear' not so long ago, and was unanimously well-liked by readers and the press.

Based on the positive repsonse I am now taking submissions from writers and artists for a standalone Torsobear anthology book, based around a world of toys and how their own police deal with plaything-on-plaything crime.

Vist http://torsobear.com for more details, download the original 8 pager and contact me from there if you want to get involved, i'll send you the guide document.

I've created a whole history and ecosystem for the world of Toyburg City, so any stories or art would have to adhere to some guidelines I have set out, but are otherwise free to tell their own story.

I'll be contributing a couple more stories about Ruxby Bear too, to give the thing an overarching plot. I'll be editing along with Glenn Moane of Outre (Also FUBAR and Indie Comics Horror), and we're looking at talking to publishers or crowdfunding it when the book has taken more shape.

It would be a backend pay gig (profit share most likely), dependent on how many copies we can sell all together.

Here's a pinup of the two main characters:

bretturen is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Tags
crime, cute, noir, submissions, toys