Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > General > Movies and Television

Old 03-11-2019, 11:54 PM   #1
Arak-8

Arak-8 is on a distinguished road

Game of Thrones.

The first time I heard of this unusual fantasy series was on HBO,and then I discovered it was based on a book series by George R.R.Martin. I also started reading the first volume of it and it's so far more interesting than the tv series itself anyways.

Well,the books always better anyways as they say. Does anyone here have a fave character from that series and what's your personal opinion the tv series? I mean,I saw some it and man is it gutsy and mature for a fantasy series or what?

I do like Peter Dinklage,and he plays an unusual yet interesting character on there though.
Arak-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 09:47 PM   #2
Neil Allen

Neil Allen is on a distinguished road

Overall, the show is really good and surprisingly faithful to the books, especially in the earlier seasons. The show, like the books, gets to a point where it's not all that great.

The first three books are brilliant, but I find A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons to be incredibly lacking. It's especially upsetting when you take into consideration the length of time Martin is taking to produce books. Fans wait an incredible amount of time only to get bad books. I think it's a testament to how good the first three books are that he still has the interest of so many fans after that.

My favorite character from the books is Stannis Baratheon.

As far as epic fantasy is concerned, ultimately, I think I prefer the first four books of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time, though. That series goes completely off the rails, too, at book 7 (better than Martin, who went off the rails at book 4), but when it was great, there was nothing like it. There's not nearly as much intrigue as A Song of Ice and Fire, but Wheel of Time makes up for it with adventure that A Song of Ice and Fire lacks. The Eye of the World and The Great Hunt are surprisingly great books, in my opinion, as well as the most adventurous.
Neil Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Oh my GOT! As he always did, pushover Jon Snow got to screw everything at the end.
It could be a perfect world.
Dracarys to him!

https://www.deviantart.com/savideduardo

Last edited by Scribbly; 05-20-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:59 AM   #4
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Fans were always expecting the unexpected. And that was it. It is what it is. Trolls were mocking and criticizing everything all the way. Dracarys to Trolls!
Although, to have Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister ending with a horrible dead wouldn’t be bad at all.

https://www.deviantart.com/savideduardo
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote