Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 10-26-2013, 01:40 AM   #16
Max Romaine
Artist, musician, lunatic

Max Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really nice

Inkadink: Thank you very much! I very rarely pat myself on the back, but that picture is the exception. It's one of the very few pieces I've done that turned out pretty much exactly the way I planned it (a few minor things aside). As far as technique goes, I think it's the best inking job I've done thus far.

Charles: That is very true. You gotta hand it to superhero comic artists for really pushing the envelope of what can be done with ink and paper. And with photoshop coloring the norm, colorists have really gone crazy with it, too.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #17
budayatimur
Alfa Robbi

budayatimur is on a distinguished road

Fantastic work, looking forward to see more illustration from you sir!
budayatimur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #18
Max Romaine

Max Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really nice

Thank you! Very glad to be getting so many comments and kind words. I am in the process of putting together a submission package for a book I plan to pitch to publishers soon. I'll be posting the cover and some interior sequentials as soon as I can.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #19
mlpeters
Artist/Writer

mlpeters will become famous soon enoughmlpeters will become famous soon enough

300 dpi of 11 x 17 is normal, so... if you photocopy down to 8.5 x 11 and scan at 600 dpi... just make sure to scan in gray-scale, even if you end up saving as a bitmapped Tiff, instead of scanning as "line-art".
Old 10-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #20
Max Romaine

Okay Michael, thanks for the tip. Wouldn't have thought to go grey scale.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #21
JonWake
Artist-Botherer, semi-pro

JonWake is on a distinguished road

I like it! It looks like you'd be right at home in 2000 AD back in the 80's. And that's a good thing. Cuz Brian Bolland and Carlos Ezquerra are good company to keep.
JonWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #22
Max Romaine

An ink study of a photograph by Mehmet Turgut.

Logo design for a local rock show.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #23
Max Romaine

After I posted these I noticed that DW seems to have enlarged the images slightly which makes them look a little fuzzy. Not sure why this happened. Anyone know how to avoid this? I copied the image locations from Deviant Art.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 AM   #24
MistValkyrie
Level 31 Elven Druid

MistValkyrie has a spectacular aura aboutMistValkyrie has a spectacular aura aboutMistValkyrie has a spectacular aura about

YAY!!! I'm glad you're still updating this!
As to your question, can't you just upload them directly to this Reply window? Deviant Art's whole site is one giant cluster-frak most of the time. Try Photobucket, I've never had problems with that.
Hell...why am I typing this here, you're two feet from me?
MistValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #25
Max Romaine

lol! That's alright my dear. Forgot about Photobucket. I'll try that next time and see if it makes a difference.

The Magical Dancing Banana smiles upon thee

Edit: The Rock Spot logo had to be cranked out in a bit of a hurry so forgive me if some of the lines look a bit wonky.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #26
Max Romaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWake View Post
I like it! It looks like you'd be right at home in 2000 AD back in the 80's. And that's a good thing. Cuz Brian Bolland and Carlos Ezquerra are good company to keep.
Sorry I didn't reply before Jon. Must have missed your post. Yes, I am definitely a fan of Bolland and Ezquerra. Both are masters at slingin' ink!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #27
Max Romaine

A couple new drawings to share. Hope you enjoy them.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #28
Saul Haber

Saul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really nice

This is great stuff. I'd like to see you draw a landscape with your great inking style. It reminds me of those intricately inked drawings from the 19th century (I can't think of any particular artist at the moment).
Old 01-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #29
Max Romaine

Thank you Saul! Glad you like my work. Actually, I probably will be posting some landscape art in the near future because I have several locations in my story I want to do studies for. Landscapes are fun.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:11 PM   #30
Max Romaine

Werewolf drawing I did for #inktober.