Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Panday Studio

Old 01-11-2021, 12:34 AM   #1
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Creator Own Project: SKINEATER

Hi folks,

I finally got the cover colored for this project and I was playing with the graphics for a promo cover mock up. This is the product.

this will be the first of a series of books I'm releasing this year. This is the first part of three parts of the story I was collaborating with Don Pankievicz. Don passed away last December. I planned to self-publish this through crowdfunding in Kickstarter as a tribute to Don's memory and legacy. I hope I get lots of supports from you.

Enjoy!

pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 03:06 AM   #2
artofrene

artofrene is on a distinguished road

Looks intriguing, Dario! I like the movie-poster composition of the cover. I find those tricky to do myself. Because of the look of the period characters, this kinda reminds me of that old Crossgen series, Ruse. Nice work overall
Old 01-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #3
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofrene View Post
Looks intriguing, Dario! I like the movie-poster composition of the cover. I find those tricky to do myself. Because of the look of the period characters, this kinda reminds me of that old Crossgen series, Ruse. Nice work overall
Thanks for the feedback and glad you like the collage style, Rene.

I've been a big fan of movie poster style as I also find it very interesting on comics or book covers like the classic Top Cow/Wildstorm covers you mentioned. I've had several clients before asked me to do collage and of course, I was happy to obliged. Haha.

This was my first layout but I've changed it on the final stage. I still love this piece and I might one day finish it for print poster.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:43 PM   #4
artofrene

I like the bottom version as well. But I do like how the creature (spikey figure in the upper left) in the final version is more prominent.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:00 AM   #5
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
I like the bottom version as well. But I do like how the creature (spikey figure in the upper left) in the final version is more prominent.
Thanks Rene. I'm glad you still like the latest features of the monster.

At the beginning I have to finalize the concept of the creature for the writer. As the layout about, it's my initial concept I had. But during the writing of the manuscript, I've played around with more sinister design because I like it to be horrifying when it reveals itself at the end of the story. That's why on the initial layout I want to show it shadows. Once I have the final design in mind, I came up with a new cover and showed the creature's much more defined features.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:27 PM   #6
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Bump
Old 01-24-2021, 01:27 PM   #7
artsnake

artsnake is on a distinguished road

another great collage.
About kickstarter I would suggest Indegogo as it has a lower fee and has fetchers like Indemand which allows you to keep it going after the 30 or 60 days which can lead to substantively more money. This what I have observed. Plus i you have any connection to Jon Malin DW alumni he is rocking it on Indegogo.
artsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 03:02 PM   #8
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnake View Post
another great collage.
About kickstarter I would suggest Indegogo as it has a lower fee and has fetchers like Indemand which allows you to keep it going after the 30 or 60 days which can lead to substantively more money. This what I have observed. Plus i you have any connection to Jon Malin DW alumni he is rocking it on Indegogo.
Thanks bro. Yes, I'll check both KS & IGG for sure. I was just browsing at IGG and didn't know that the fee is lower than KS. I also have some colleagues recommended KS as they've run their campaigns there and they're successful too. I'll weigh it for sure before I start my campaign.

so Jon Malin use to be DW? I can't remember his work but now that you mentioned, I'll definitely check his campaign.

Really appreciate your recommendation, Scott!
Old 01-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #9
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Skineater Full Cover Update

I'm working on the full wrap around cover of SKINEATER and here's just the latest update. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited by pandayboss; 01-25-2021 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:18 PM   #10
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Old 01-24-2021, 05:03 PM   #11
artofrene

Great looking cover, Dario!
Old 01-25-2021, 06:13 AM   #12
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Great looking cover, Dario!
Thanks Rene. I updated the cover a bit.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:03 PM   #13
artsnake

artsnake is on a distinguished road

Wow Looks great. Yeah the colours are very nicely balanced now.
it has a spine. How many pages?
artsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:00 PM   #14
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnake View Post
Wow Looks great. Yeah the colours are very nicely balanced now.
it has a spine. How many pages?
Thanks bro. You're right, it's better to see the full wrap around cover to keep the balance. I'm happy how it's turned out. For the spine it's only for 72 pages.