Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Project Showcase

Old 03-13-2021, 02:02 PM   #76
artofrene

artofrene is on a distinguished road

Here are some new breakdowns, for pages 11 and 12-13. Plus, more photo reference. Sometimes it's fun to use these figures to stage a photo shoot

artofrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:10 AM   #77
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Wow! Yes, I think the figures really help in staging the action sequences. You get the right pose and perspective. Nowadays, any tools can really help ones trade. Now, I think I'm gonna get those.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:23 PM   #78
artofrene

It's so much easier these days with the technology and resources at our disposal. Use as needed, that's what I say
Old 04-03-2021, 05:08 PM   #79
artofrene

I finally had a chance to get back to this, and I made some decent progress last night and today. I did some page breakdowns for my Enter the Realm comic book Im working on. These were done on paper, as opposed to digital, and I worked faster than I ever thought I possibly could. Pencil and paper, faster than digital?? I guess it just depends

These are all done on a physical, 11" x 17, folded to 8.5" x 11" stapled paper mock-up. These are pages 14-22. It's basically a large battle sequence. It pits Casia Minohr (Metaterran) against the Ethereal Guard. My favorite part is going to be the very last page of this first issue, where we see Adon, the Ethereal of Dimensions appear. I'm dying to draw that page!

Someone suggested I pencil digitally, then ink on paper. Im going to try that. The reason being is that I think I can get tighter pencils plus easily work on moving things around faster in Photoshop. Then, blue line it all, print it out, and ink traditionally. Im looking forward to how this all works out.

Old 05-20-2021, 04:57 PM   #80
artofrene

Dang! I guess this is what happens when I change my hosting: all my images go "poof." Oh, well, nothing like starting over. If it doesn't kill me, it'll make me stronger.

Here's some new stuff I've been working on for The Realm Ethereal, as I continue to work on the storytelling aspects of this universe. The inked stuff is for "Enter the Realm", the follow up to "The Dream Awakens". The pencilled stuff below it is for something I call "Vignettes", which are glimpses into interactions between different characters in The Realm Ethereal.

Old 05-24-2021, 02:37 AM   #81
artofrene

Some updates on this "Vignette", with Kiana, Adon and a close-up of Kiana. Getting back to traditional inks as well. This is all part of my Realm Ethereal universe, showing up in various pieces that I'm working on.

Old 05-29-2021, 02:07 AM
aangrafis
This message has been deleted by eDuke.