Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 07-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #1
slyaguilar

slyaguilar is a jewel in the roughslyaguilar is a jewel in the roughslyaguilar is a jewel in the roughslyaguilar is a jewel in the rough

Donnie

Prismacolor markers, White Gellyroll highlight pen and White Prismacolor color pencil on grey toned paper....

slyaguilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
juan.a.stewart
awesome nobody

juan.a.stewart is just really nicejuan.a.stewart is just really nicejuan.a.stewart is just really nicejuan.a.stewart is just really nicejuan.a.stewart is just really nicejuan.a.stewart is just really nice

Turtle Power! Looks nice man.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:55 PM   #3
sevans
www.artofevans.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Nice technique.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.artofevans.nz

https://www.instagram.com/artofevans/
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:28 AM   #4
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

I like it... it also confirms something I've been meaning to do myself, working with colored pencils on colored paper. I'm trying to think of something good to do on black paper using a white pencil. Your drawing here kind of expands my thinking a bit as to what you can accomplish with a shifted palette.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:21 AM   #5
slyaguilar

slyaguilar is a jewel in the roughslyaguilar is a jewel in the roughslyaguilar is a jewel in the roughslyaguilar is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys!!

@Stewart Vernon, go for it! It's loads of fun changing your art routine and experimenting.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
dannycruz

dannycruz has disabled reputation

the colored paper/markers combo is working for you! hope you do more pieces like this.
only thing i'd nitpick is that the nicks and scratches on the darkest areas like the elbow/knee pads and strap didn't need to be as white as the scratches on his skin.
you could've used the tone of the paper for the scratch marks on those particular areas....which, i guess means you'd have to plan out your scratch marks beforehand and carefully ink around them...or you could possibly use blender marker to "draw" them..though, I doubt you'd be able to get a sharp looking scratch that way..
dannycruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #7
AnthonyHarris

AnthonyHarris is on a distinguished road

Nice piece! Makes me want to draw Turtles...
AnthonyHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #8
slyaguilar

Thanks Danny! I see what you mean. It does look a little jolting. I'll experiment next time using a grey colored pencil perhaps.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:23 PM   #9
slyaguilar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyHarris View Post
Nice piece! Makes me want to draw Turtles...
Lol! There can never be enough TMNT drawings! Must draw more!