Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

J^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of light

Battery: Charged For Retribution

This is the character for a self-published comic book that I worked with a writer on. Over the next 30 days I will be posting a new drawing each along with some page samples. This first one is the character in costume. Tomorrow I will be posting another drawing. If you are interested in it further you can read more at the below URL:

Battery: Charged for Retribution

Thanks for looking and see ya tomorrow
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
mrwewiii
its not mr weewee!

mrwewiii is a name known to allmrwewiii is a name known to allmrwewiii is a name known to allmrwewiii is a name known to allmrwewiii is a name known to allmrwewiii is a name known to allmrwewiii is a name known to allmrwewiii is a name known to all

i like it. very cool
Old 03-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

J^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of lightJ^2 is a glorious beacon of light

Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwewiii
i like it. very cool
Thanks mrwewiii, stay tuned there's more!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:08 AM   #4
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

Jordan Wallace

This is Battery out of costume. Jordan is a divorced, single father who works two jobs and is barely making ends meet. He's given a job that he eventually regrets taking.

BATTERY: CHARGED FOR RETRIBUTION
Old 03-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

Alyssa Loveless

The next character I'm going to introduce is Jordan's ex-wife. She doesn't play a pivotal role in the store but she is there nonetheless. So here she is:

I really wanted to draw her as a real character, she's not sexed up or exaggerated but still she's not howl-at-the-moon ugly either.

Thanks for looking
Old 03-09-2008, 07:49 AM   #6
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

Cadence Wallace

This is Jordan's daughter, and she does play an important role in the story.

Thanks for looking and you can purchase the book at:Battery

Old 03-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #7
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

Henrich Muling

This is the villian of the story Henrich Muling.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:28 AM   #8
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

Chapter One

When the writer and myself had originally collaborated on this project it was intended to be two separate issues. I decided to combine both issues into a graphic novel and below is the original intended cover. It is still in the graphic novel but only serves as a chapter marker.

Last edited by J^2; 03-12-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:54 AM   #9
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

Battery Page One

This is the first page to the comic.
The whole book was penciled/inked/lettered(hand) by myself.
The writing was done by James Weimer.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #10
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

Battery Page Two

I'll give rep points to the first person to answer the question "Where did Chess originate from?" According to the package of oatmeal I had for breakfast this morning

PM me the answer...

Last edited by J^2; 03-13-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: To add a little fun to my thread...
Old 03-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #11
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

Victoria & Dogg Red

The next two characters I'm introducing are Victoria Muling and Moses "Dogg Red" Reddis. She is the wife of Heinrich Muling and he is another crime boss. The two are having an affair, and it is this affair which is central to the story.

I really enjoyed drawing this comic. I think James did a great job of presenting the characters, setting up the story and ending it well. Even if you're not fond of my art I would recommend buying it at least for the story.

I'll give rep points to the first twenty DWer's that PM me today!

Last edited by J^2; 03-14-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Givin' more points!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:51 PM   #12
evolver
lost in translation

evolver is a jewel in the roughevolver is a jewel in the roughevolver is a jewel in the rough

nice!
good to see that your implementing your ideas

your style has an oldschool feel to it that i enjoy!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 AM   #13
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

Battery: Charged For Retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolver
nice!
good to see that your implementing your ideas

your style has an oldschool feel to it that i enjoy!
Thanks evolver, I like the older styles too. If it's not broke don't fix it
Old 03-15-2008, 08:51 AM   #14
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

Battery

This is what Battery leaves at the scene once he has done his good deed for humanity.

Rep points tomorrow for the first 10 people who can tell me where I got "Lasercore" from.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #15
J^2
(Jeremy Johnson)

Gaber General Hospital

This scene is not in the book however it is relevant to the story. To find out why you need to buy the book

Thanks for looking.