Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > ComixTribe > Comix Council

Old 09-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
Tyler_James

Tyler_James is on a distinguished road

The Kickstarter Laboratory: 7 Experiments in Crowdfunding a Floppy

While much has been written about the “rules” of crowdfunding (including a number of articles on this very site), it’s important to realize that those so called “rules” are still being written. Think about it, if Kickstarter (started in 2009) were human, it’d still be eating paste and learning the ABCs. The fact that the rules and best practices of crowdfunding are still being invented is one of the things that make those platforms so darn exciting.

Last year, I took the plunge and crowdfunded my first project, an ambitious 100+ page anthology. Before the campaign launched, I detailed my approach and crowdfunding game plan in this space. More than a year later, I’ve launched my second Kickstarter project, this time for a 32-page single issue of a new series. As it turned out, my first campaign was far more successful than I could have hoped. I’d be an idiot not to replicate some of the campaign strategies I used in that campaign with my new one. That said, this is a different project, and I’m older (and presumably wise), as is the Kickstarter platform. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind, and as such, there are new strategies and approaches I’m going to experiment with this time around.

Now, by no means am I saying that the following 7 strategies are entirely original. They’re not. But they are new to me, and as such, I’m excited to see how they play out over the next few weeks. So, put on your goggles and white coats, if you please, and step into the Kickstarter laboratory with me!

CONTINUE READING THE FULL ARTICLE AT COMIXTRIBE...

...then continue the discussion below!
Tyler_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread