Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 12-30-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
tim1961

tim1961 is on a distinguished road

Comic Book Tutorial: Scanning and Prepping pages!

Are you a comic book artist with inked physical pages to turn into digital scans? I've created a YouTube tutorial video which guides you step by step on how to do it.

You don't need a fancy large-bed scanner. The only computer software you need is Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
https://youtu.be/ZdWE_y7qFss
In this video I'll cover
  • the three-tier mosaic method using an ordinary scanner (8 1/2 x 11 format)
  • layering and stitching a composite Photoshop document into one
  • lining up and correctly sizing your document using templates (very important)
  • AND, as a bonus I include formatting your black-line inked drawing to allow for colored lines and flatting effects

Be sure to check it out, there's a whole series of other videos I've made on other comic book related subjects.

Also: my comic book Mayfield Eight: Into the Rat Hole is back from the printer and is now available for sale!

Story line: "What would you do if someone offered you a ticket out?"

Cal Ryder, a 17 year old fry cook in 1974 New Mexico goes out on a weekend road trip to Mexico only to get entangled with a viscous biker gang who is out for revenge. Mutton chops, bell bottoms, and smiley faces abound, only for Cal he isn't going to 'have a nice day.'

You can review the first 5 pages and purchase a copy here -OR, you can subscribe to my mailing list and get a downloadable pdf for FREE!
tim1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread