Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 04-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #1
Oil
Hugga Bunch Fan

Oil is on a distinguished road

"What are you working on?" part II

This is a old thread that dates back to two years ago that I bring back here.

I for myself discovered DW by mistake last summer while searching the keywords "comic book" and "submission", if I remember well. Since then, I got the chance to be critiqued by pros who hang around the forums (big thanks to Ron Fortier). From these critiques, I have been able to improve my art by working on what was lacking and I became a lot, LOT better as an artist (my stuff is far from perfect, but there is no doubt in my mind that I improved significantly).

Now, I am working on my first assignment, a two-parts, sixteen-pager for Midnight Studio. The deadline is april 20th, which is why my fingers are bleeding (hey, they ARE!).

Somehow, I feel like I owe one big hug to the guy who's behind this site...

So, what's YOUR story? And what are your working on right now?

Last edited by Oil; 04-07-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 04:20 AM   #2
ChuckBordell

ChuckBordell is on a distinguished road

Hi

I'm currently writing and illustrating a series called Lunatic Fringe for 01 Comics. Issue #1 is in print and I'm drawing issue #4 now. If you like weird X-files type stuff check it out at www.01comics.com or www.highanxietystudios.com

Chuck Bordell

"There is no chin under Chuck Norris' beard. There is only another fist."
ChuckBordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #3
uncle wya
yer mom's brother

uncle wya is on a distinguished road

I am currently working on a nummy breakfast sammich. I hope to complete it within the hour. Wish me luck.

WyA
Old 04-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #4
j giar
Has nothing to add.

j giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle wya
I am currently working on a nummy breakfast sammich. I hope to complete it within the hour. Wish me luck.

WyA
Hopefully made with heart healthy turkey bacon and egg whites only Wya! We aren't gettin any younger.
Panel continuity and storytelling should be the primary objective of all GOOD comic book art.
j giar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
jimmycakes
Jason May: Robot Man

jimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of light

I'm eating a hot dog with ketchup and horse raddish.

On the comic front, I'm working on advertising for our new book during this con season. Trade show designs, website stuff and print ads.

I'm currently proof the third printing of Ill Conceived and our media packets for Philly and San Diego.

I'll be getting back to 'Is Polly There' soon as well as possibly starting on a new 'Top Secret (no, not the movie)' graphic novel, yet to be announced or titled..

I AM a Wii pimp and I can't help it...
jimmycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #6
Joe Martino
Reluctant Menial

Joe Martino will become famous soon enough

I am now tying up the 144 page Shadowflame 10th Anniversary Trade. It is coming out through Bloodstained Productions in Early fall. It is all colored and is getting put into PDF for the printer now.

Ia m also working ont he 3rd Chapter script for the Ripperman: Fates Warning GN that will be drawn by Jeff Austin and Dash Martin.

Pretty busy year for me.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #7
Raff
Raffaele Ienco

Raff is on a distinguished road

I just finished drawing (pencils and inks on all) page 85 of my original graphic novel called Devoid of Life (science-fiction/horror). It's currently submitted back to Image. Erik approved my art but wanted the plot and script for the submission improved and clarified better before (if?) he gives it the greenlight.
It's been a month now -hopefully I'll hear back soon -in any case the book looks great and I'll find another publisher if they pass.

-Raff
Raff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #8
innocentboy

innocentboy has disabled reputation

"Comic Book Master" - TorontoHipHop.com
"Nice artwork. I respect your talent ... Real recognize real." - Ill Bill
"Nuff talent...! Big up ...!" - MC Skibadee
"An innovative force on the rise." - MusicVideoBox.com

QUESTION:
What do you do when you go to a rave and your girl is kidnapped?

ANSWER:
You go and rescue her.

Song of Songs the Comic Book by innocentboy productions.

a little taste:

Song of Songs the Comic Book issue 1 cover

Song of Songs the Comic Book page 4 - It's on!

Song of Songs the Comic Book issue 2 page 0

thank you for your time.

www.songofsongsthecomicbook.com - all Song of Songs the Comic Book by innocentboy productions related art. includes free hi-resolution prints of the pages, free desktops, character profiles and more!

Song of Songs the Comic Book - www.songofsongsthecomicbook.com
innocentboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #9
r nelson
BlahBlahBlah

r nelson is just really nicer nelson is just really nicer nelson is just really nicer nelson is just really nicer nelson is just really nice

- Playing with the fine folks over at http://www.uggabugga.net on the webcominc Awesome Storm Justice 41. Webisode 9, which is my first contribution (editing and lettering) comes out next week, and I have 6 installments I've written (one for the main series, one for an offshoot mini-series, which kicks off in June).

- Writing for another webcomic that's in development, but I don't know what all I'm allowed to say about it at this point.

- Writing/Lettering for a couple projects with David Newbold, who had some nice samples of one of the two projects in the sequential showcase awhile back.

- Just finished writing five new comic shorts for Lizzie Six-Gun, who will be a regularly appearing character in Horizons over the next year.

- Just finished lettering Mr. Granger's Family Bones #1 (King Tractor Press), and signed on to letter Lethal Instinct, Volume 2 (Alias/Lynx Studios).

- Gearing up to start plotting a couple of my own creations here in the next month or so, and wondering why I never have time for them...

----->> Can't believe I forgot to add: Waiting in anticipation to see Warmageddon Quarterly #1 in print: (go on, CLICK HERE NOW to order it...It's less than 10 cents a page!)

Last edited by r nelson; 04-07-2006 at 08:41 PM.
r nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #10
Smeghead

Smeghead will become famous soon enough

Coloring, well toning (b/w), issue #3 of my baby A'pertua, starting to write #4, and trying to distrubute/market issues 1 and 2.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:50 AM   #11
The Red Line

The Red Line is on a distinguished road

Waiting for this to actually come out

Writing this mini

and something for Platinum Studios.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #12
reddjam
Artist/Graphic Designer

reddjam has disabled reputation

Just did the book design of a project that will be at the Pittsburg Comic Con,

I have a corporate project to put together for their stock holders meeting.

Painted a cover for a novel's foreign printing.

Did some art for a trading cards.
Jim

Last edited by reddjam; 05-16-2006 at 07:21 PM.
reddjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #13
Lovecraft13
Mac the Knife

Lovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to behold

I'm just continuing work on various scripts I plan to adopt into larger projects next year. Samples of my current project can be found here.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #14
Dirk Manning
Cthulhu's Homeboy

Dirk Manning has a spectacular aura aboutDirk Manning has a spectacular aura aboutDirk Manning has a spectacular aura about

Post More than three years and still going strong...

I'm still mainly plugging away at NIGHTMARE WORLD week after week... but Josh Ross (aka: artronin9) and I are also launching a *second* online series titled "Tales of Mr. Rhee" at NIGHTMARE WORLD on 6-6-06...

Details and Sneak Peeks can be found at the GGS Webcomics Forum here at Digital Webbing. Go check it out!

Running back home,
Dirk Manning
Dirk Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:35 AM   #15
Un
Am not.

Un is on a distinguished road

Brain storming again, as all my ideas seem to have fell apart.
Un is offline   Reply With Quote