Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 05-28-2006, 12:56 AM   #1
kdmelrose
Pope of Appalachia

kdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud of

Arrow Alex Toth has passed away

Comics legend Alex Toth died yesterday morning (May 27). He was 77.

Old 05-28-2006, 12:58 AM   #2
carynord

carynord is a glorious beacon of lightcarynord is a glorious beacon of lightcarynord is a glorious beacon of lightcarynord is a glorious beacon of lightcarynord is a glorious beacon of lightcarynord is a glorious beacon of lightcarynord is a glorious beacon of light

That sucks.
carynord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:35 AM   #3
TAP_LEGION

He died at his drawing table....Man , thats only befitting one of legends in the field....one of my top influences growing up....I'll mourn his passing.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:50 AM   #4
ryanscottottney

Always sad to see a legend pass, but he will live on forever through his art.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:03 AM   #5
The Art Keeper
inkslinger

The Art Keeper will become famous soon enough

The Art Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:23 AM   #6
pi0trov
Peter Foglesong

pi0trov is a jewel in the roughpi0trov is a jewel in the roughpi0trov is a jewel in the rough

Damn. A legend that'll be sorely missed. R.I.P.

Blogger | MySpace | deviantArt
pi0trov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 04:31 AM   #7
BKMDog
Registered Trademark

BKMDog is a splendid one to beholdBKMDog is a splendid one to beholdBKMDog is a splendid one to beholdBKMDog is a splendid one to beholdBKMDog is a splendid one to beholdBKMDog is a splendid one to beholdBKMDog is a splendid one to beholdBKMDog is a splendid one to beholdBKMDog is a splendid one to beholdBKMDog is a splendid one to beholdBKMDog is a splendid one to behold

I'm stunned. Toth was one of my heroes and a great influence on my work. Reading his thoughts about his work, taught me a lot a having respect for my own. Few artists will ever match his level of craftsmanship, IMHO. And what better way to remember one of your favorite artists than to say, simply: 'I enjoyed his work.'
BKMDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #8
j giar
Has nothing to add.

j giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud of

Sad.... Very sad.
Panel continuity and storytelling should be the primary objective of all GOOD comic book art.
j giar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #9
Mr.Musgrave

Mr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud of

Damn it. Just damn it. If nothing else, at least he died with his boots on.
Mr.Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #10
Cat
Evil Ginger Child

Cat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to behold

Like alot of you having grown up with his work he was one of my great modern influances. To this day the style of Johnny Quest has to be one of best animated series ever and he had a part of that among the rest of his protfolio. I will be a the memorial at Comic Con.

AirbrushCat.com
Comic Art Fans Gallery
Deviant Art

Last edited by Cat; 05-28-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:01 AM   #11
Blackjack

Blackjack will become famous soon enoughBlackjack will become famous soon enough

Sad news.
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:08 AM   #12
Paul Sanderson
Dread Avenger

Paul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud of

A sad day. Best wishes go to his family and friends. He was a legend. RIP Mr Toth.
www.trinitycomics.com
www.twitter.com/Trinity_Comics
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trinit...43120692428699

Personal site: www.frankdirscherl.com
Paul Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:19 AM   #13
Mark Bertolini
Scum of the Earth.

Mark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to behold

Very sad news. Too many of the legends in the field are passing away. However, Toth's art will stand the test of time, and keep influencing creators for many years to come.

-Tom Waits
Mark Bertolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:09 AM   #14
ShanE
Digital Chameleon

Location: the tree, the rock, the air around you...its all Concept Art
ShanE has a spectacular aura aboutShanE has a spectacular aura about

His Herculoids,and Jonny Quest, were a big influence on me as a kid. Oddly enough, it was because of those I have recently been getting into 2D animation as a background artist. Always wanted to full-fill that desire, he will be missed.
ShanE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:23 PM   #15
Phatman
Midi-chlorians are a lie!

Phatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud of

Toth might be the most influential artist on the superhero side of the comics medium. What a great talent. He will be missed.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote