Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 06-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #1
theflash
Cary Kelley

theflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to behold

Indy Catalog

hey folks after several people mentioned the need for one, i figured why not get it going online and then maybe take it print down the line. so here you go.

for instructions on the info to send, go here:

http://indycatalog.blogspot.com/2006...g-is-born.html

and then the main page is here:

http://indycatalog.blogspot.com

the whole thing may be shifting to it's own domain shortly, depending on response and such.

The Dynagirl Webcomic is FREE!
Red Handed Studios! l Blog
theflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
Paul Sanderson
Dread Avenger

Paul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud of

Cool stuff, I'll definitely check it out.
www.trinitycomics.com
www.twitter.com/Trinity_Comics
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trinit...43120692428699

Personal site: www.frankdirscherl.com
Paul Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
theflash
Cary Kelley

theflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to behold

cool!

two more entries today, so keep em coming!

Old 06-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
samy
Writer

samy is on a distinguished road

I'd given some casual thought to coding a site where, when Diamond released its new catalog, you'd cut and paste the text file into a textbox, and the code would then strip out Marvel, DC, Dark Horse and Image, and make clickable, editable entries for each of the remaining items. Input the Diamond textfile in, in other words, and get a web-browsable catalog. It'd be pretty bare-bones that way though, but I was thinking of having it editable with further information so the publishers of each book could then come in and input their own blurbs and add their images as they wished. A sort of a limited wiki approach, where the maintainer would first upload the catalog, and then all indy publishers who wanted to, could go there to expand their release's info. Add, for example, genre tags, and then the site could sort by the genre tags, so that any visito to the site could, for example, search for "Horror" indy comics and get results of those comics where the publisher has come to fill out the "Horror" tag.

Too much work for me to embark on, though, but I was toying with the idea for a while.

For all I know, somebody may be doing something like this already. I know there have been rumblings from multiple directions that we need some kind of an easier way to browse through the Indy comics output in general.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #5
j giar
Has nothing to add.

j giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud of

Nice going Cary! This is definitely a step forward for the indy publisher and I commend you on taking the bull by the horns. It would be great to get some of the folks from this thread on there. http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums...t=91471&page=1
Job well done!
Panel continuity and storytelling should be the primary objective of all GOOD comic book art.
j giar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
theflash
Cary Kelley

thanks! hey i just noticed, you live in Elyria Ohio? My wife grew up near there. not far from Lima...i think. maybe it was called Kenton? i've only been there once. small world huh?

Old 06-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #7
j giar
Has nothing to add.

j giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud of

Probably not as small as Elyria. Yeah, that's not far from us.
Panel continuity and storytelling should be the primary objective of all GOOD comic book art.
j giar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #8
AIPman1
Small Press Crusader

AIPman1 is on a distinguished road

I grew up in Parma, and Strongsville...now out east in Madison...
AIPman1 is offline   Reply With Quote