Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 06-09-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
Lovecraft13
Mac the Knife

Lovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to behold

Complete Idiot's Guide to Creating a Graphic Novel

I always kept an eye out for a book like this whenever I shopped at my local bookstore, but I was lucky enough to find a copy of Complete Idiot's Guide to Creating a Graphic Novel wedged in the store's graphic novel section. Anyone else buy the book? I thought it had some decent advice.

Old 06-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
MrGranger
I'm really Richard Corben

MrGranger is a jewel in the roughMrGranger is a jewel in the roughMrGranger is a jewel in the rough

I think it's kind of funny. I find humor in any book that targets "idiots" learning to do anything creative...in a sick sort of way.
MrGranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:19 PM   #3
kdmelrose
Pope of Appalachia

kdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud ofkdmelrose has much to be proud of

Yeah, I got a copy at Mid-Ohio Con from Lieber. It's perfect for someone just starting out; it covers a lot of ground and answers a ton of question.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
danedawg99
the Dawg-father

danedawg99 will become famous soon enoughdanedawg99 will become famous soon enough

I liked it. I haven't put any of the info in it to use yet, but it is still good!
danedawg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
jimmycakes
Jason May: Robot Man

jimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecraft13
I always kept an eye out for a book like this whenever I shopped at my local bookstore, but I was lucky enough to find a copy of Complete Idiot's Guide to Creating a Graphic Novel wedged in the store's graphic novel section. Anyone else buy the book? I thought it had some decent advice.

Cool. One of our buddies, Steven Withrow is putting together some sort of "creating graphic novels" book. I'll have to post it when it eventually comes out. I hadn't seen that one yet. I'll have to peak through it.

I AM a Wii pimp and I can't help it...
jimmycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:07 PM   #6
Lovecraft13
Mac the Knife

Lovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycakes
Cool. One of our buddies, Steven Withrow is putting together some sort of "creating graphic novels" book. I'll have to post it when it eventually comes out. I hadn't seen that one yet. I'll have to peak through it.
I know Steven. He should stop by here more often.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
L Jamal
ljamal.com

L Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud of

I bought and like Kevin said, it's good for beginners.

FOR ALL YOUR WEB AND PRINT NEEDS
PORTFOLIO
L Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:59 AM   #8
T.J. May
Writer/SUMM Publications

T.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycakes
Jay, I have this book. don't buy it
"[T.J. May's script] reminded me a bit of the kind of dark fable one might expect from Neil Gaiman...it definitely boasts that kind of strength."
--Don MacPherson (TheFourthRail.com)
www.tjmay.net
www.summ.net
T.J. May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:01 AM   #9
T.J. May
Writer/SUMM Publications

T.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecraft13
I know Steven. He should stop by here more often.
Yeah, and at the moment Catching Lucifer's Lunch and some info about us at SUMM is slated to be a part of Steve's book. Who knows if we'll end up on the cutting room floor, but it was cool to be asked to participate anyway.
"[T.J. May's script] reminded me a bit of the kind of dark fable one might expect from Neil Gaiman...it definitely boasts that kind of strength."
--Don MacPherson (TheFourthRail.com)
www.tjmay.net
www.summ.net
T.J. May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #10
Wasabe
www.butchgriz.com

Wasabe will become famous soon enough

Got it
Like it
Basics, but well done.