Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 06-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
Surge38
Penciler, HBComics

Surge38 is on a distinguished road

Backgrounds...new tools?

Hi all, long time no post.....

In my ever-continual browsing of this site, I came across a thread which really challenged what I thought was possible in the comic industry using technology....

It was mistermaxx posting in this thread: http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums...ad.php?t=90126

Basically, the idea of using 3D programs to render backgrounds, and then running a filter to turn them into something more similar to lineart.

honestly my first instinct was that this was almost cheating, but the more I thought about it, the more I began to think of it as a VERY effective tool that produces amazing results. And I for one believe the results are what are important.

Are there alot of artists utilizing this? What other similar methods are people using? I've heard of people using digital photos of city streets, and running them through similar filters to achieve and effect....and also people making reference to "vectoring" (although honestly I have no clue that that means, anyone who wants to fill me in here.....)

So who else out there is using these methods? (or methods similar?)
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
Pens&Pixels
EraserX

Pens&Pixels will become famous soon enoughPens&Pixels will become famous soon enough

I like to render basic shapes for buildings and basically lightbox the details over the top.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
Surge38
Penciler, HBComics

Surge38 is on a distinguished road

Anyone else?