Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 06-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #1
Jason Powell
"B.R.U.F."

Jason Powell has disabled reputation

I am sure this has been asked many times...

...But where is the cheapest place to do full color printing (and I do not mean a POD)? I, like a lot of you, have heard that there are printers who will do fill color short runs at the same cost as b/w but does anyone know of a company that really does this?

-SIN-
GATOR
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
L Jamal
ljamal.com

L Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud of

what print run?

FOR ALL YOUR WEB AND PRINT NEEDS
PORTFOLIO
L Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:38 PM   #3
Jason Powell
"B.R.U.F."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljamal
what print run?
Not sure since I haven't even distributed it yet but I imagine between 1000 and 5000. I have never published a comic through Diamond but I have heard that even full color independents sale under 1000 issues. Of course I will sale them at cons and over the net also but, being realistic, I need to gage it towards a limited print run.

-SIN-
GATOR
Old 06-17-2006, 12:00 AM   #4
L Jamal
ljamal.com

L Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud of

Brenner

PORTFOLIO
Old 06-17-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
theflash
Cary Kelley

theflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to beholdtheflash is a splendid one to behold

i believe these guys beat the brenner price, but i haven't used them yet. i hear good things though...

http://www.indieasylum.com/pricetable.asp

The Dynagirl Webcomic is FREE!
Red Handed Studios! l Blog
theflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
Jason Powell
"B.R.U.F."

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflash
i believe these guys beat the brenner price, but i haven't used them yet. i hear good things though...

http://www.indieasylum.com/pricetable.asp
I can tell you that is not true just by looking at their prices. I can do a POD (which they probably are) about the same or cheaper than that.

-SIN-
GATOR
Old 06-18-2006, 01:59 PM   #7
T.J. May
Writer/SUMM Publications

T.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of light

You have to go to Asia to get color for less than North American B&W. REGENT handles a lot of indies. Their customer service has been a problem according to folks I know that used them. But it is a good starting point.
"[T.J. May's script] reminded me a bit of the kind of dark fable one might expect from Neil Gaiman...it definitely boasts that kind of strength."
--Don MacPherson (TheFourthRail.com)
www.tjmay.net
www.summ.net
T.J. May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #8
Jason Powell
"B.R.U.F."

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. May
You have to go to Asia to get color for less than North American B&W. REGENT handles a lot of indies. Their customer service has been a problem according to folks I know that used them. But it is a good starting point.
What is REGENT? Got a link?

-SIN-
GATOR
Old 06-18-2006, 05:51 PM   #9
L Jamal
ljamal.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. May
Once you factor in shipping from the US drop point to you most Asian printers aren't that much better than US printers.

PORTFOLIO