Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 06-29-2006, 05:02 PM   #1
JamieRoberts

JamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud of

Showreels?

I'm applying for a job as a cartoonist in London (yeah, I know... someone advertised for a cartoonist.) and they asked for a showreel to be sent. I thought I knew what it was but they also asked for my portfolio, so what's the difference? It's not animation, so why would I need a showreel?

Is there another meaning?
JamieRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 05:03 PM   #2
JamieRoberts

JamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud of

Actually, I got mixed up. It's not for a cartoonist job, it's for a graphic design job. Still, no mention of animation or film, so the question stands.
JamieRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:28 AM   #3
Calloway
I haz cookiez an kool-aid

Calloway has much to be proud ofCalloway has much to be proud ofCalloway has much to be proud ofCalloway has much to be proud ofCalloway has much to be proud ofCalloway has much to be proud ofCalloway has much to be proud ofCalloway has much to be proud ofCalloway has much to be proud ofCalloway has much to be proud ofCalloway has much to be proud of

maybe like a tear sheet or A demo reel of motion graphics?
Calloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:59 AM   #4
DK2k4
Plate Smashing Greek

DK2k4 is on a distinguished road

agreed

a demo reel showing your actual animations (like 5-10 second clips of it) where as a portfolio is an archive of your best stills.

at least, thats what i would think and have it set as.
as a 3d modeler/concept on my "online portfolio" i have a bunch of stills and images of my work, and my demo reel for example, i have my 3d model rotating (in your case, your cartoons animated?) etc etc.

hope that helps. good luck
DK2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote