Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 07-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
Wayne Drake
Not a Pro

Wayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of light

Nazis

As far as comics are concerned, are nazis played out? Does it matter if it still cool or not to use them? Or by using them these days are you begging for everyone to roll their eyes?
Guess it depends on how you write it, right?
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
Mr.Musgrave

Mr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud ofMr.Musgrave has much to be proud of

Beating up Nazis is always okay with me. I do prefer the science-fictiony nazis of Hellboy and such though. Nazis with rocketpacks are good too.
Mr.Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
Lovecraft13
Mac the Knife

Lovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to behold

Actually, Nazis can no longer considered public domain because Geroge Lucas just bought the rights from Germany. So now, they can only be referred as Nazis(tm).
Old 07-03-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
katana
Freelance

katana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecraft13
Actually, Nazis can no longer considered public domain because Geroge Lucas just bought the rights from Germany. So now, they can only be referred as Nazis(tm).
To funny, but yea you can use Nazi's in anyway possible. Always good to use them as cannon fodder.
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
jrod
the moose in the closet

jrod will become famous soon enoughjrod will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecraft13
Jesus Christ. I just did a Google news search on "nazis" and "george lucas". I don't know what's sadder, the fact that I didn't realize it was a joke or that Lucas trying to trademark "nazis" doesn't come as a huge shock to me.
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:26 PM   #6
Eliseu Gouveia
Suteki Da Ne

Eliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to behold

Interesting enough, you can forget about getting your book published in Germany if it has nazis in it or even a swastica, youŽll have to edit it.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #7
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Morganza has disabled reputation

Hey man, just write the stories you want to write, who gives a fig what other people think. It's the internet, they'll hate it anyway, may as well do it your way
Morganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #8
Anathema
Choke yourself.

Anathema is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganza
Hey man, just write the stories you want to write, who gives a fig what other people think. It's the internet, they'll hate it anyway, may as well do it your way
Best. Advice. Ever!
Razor Kid #1 Available Now from Ronin Studios!

www.razorkid.com
Anathema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:59 PM   #9
Lovecraft13
Mac the Knife

Lovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod
Jesus Christ. I just did a Google news search on "nazis" and "george lucas". I don't know what's sadder, the fact that I didn't realize it was a joke or that Lucas trying to trademark "nazis" doesn't come as a huge shock to me.
Actually, years ago, I think the "Nazis(tm)" gag was used in a Monkey Island pc game by Lucasarts.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:33 PM   #10
Wayne Drake
Not a Pro

Wayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of lightWayne Drake is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganza
Thanks man, sometimes you need to hear something like that when you lose sight of what you wanna do creatively