Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 07-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
Comix Obsession
Missing In In-Action

Comix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of light

Comic Strips

I'm aware that the Internet has opened up the possibility of becoming a comic strip artist - but what's the deal on this - are these people getting paid?

I'm looking into the field once again because I've realised that I draw as a hobbie, and enjoy it so much, why not give comic strips a go?

Anyone have any advice on breaking into the field - where to go, what to show, and how to do it?

Thanks,

David
Comix Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #2
JoMaC2k
The New Solution

JoMaC2k has a spectacular aura aboutJoMaC2k has a spectacular aura aboutJoMaC2k has a spectacular aura about

The main places comic strips get their revenue is by doing a good comic and building a fan base, then adding in advertising to the website and selling character related merchandise.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
Shishio

Shishio is on a distinguished road

Step 1: Create comic.

Step 2: Acquire a domain name (Not necessary, but recommended.) and personal webspace.

Step 3: Upload comic to webspace, and promote it.

Step 4: Repeat the above steps until you have a large enough audience to support yourself through advertising and merchandise sales as JoMaC2k said.

You can also lock your comics behind a subscription wall so that only people who pay to read them can, (But I would not recommend this.) or submit it to a collective like Modern Tales when they ask for submissions.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
D.J. Coffman
Is a Juggernaut

D.J. Coffman is just really niceD.J. Coffman is just really niceD.J. Coffman is just really niceD.J. Coffman is just really niceD.J. Coffman is just really niceD.J. Coffman is just really nice

You can make money with your own webcomics-- I started a blog with ideas on making money with your webcomics-- http://yirmumah.net/make_money

I'm lucky enough that it's all I do now with my own work and one side project.
D.J. Coffman is offline   Reply With Quote