Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 07-19-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
Comix Obsession
Missing In In-Action

Comix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of light

Animation

So I wanna try animation for fun, I think it's a good direction to head in and I'm seeing a lot of it going on now. I basically want to have characters walking across the screen, doing stupid things - that kinda stuff. So what do I use? Flash, Director?

There's a programme over here now called Modern Toss (www.moderntoss.com) - I don't know how it's animated, but I imagine it's on something like Director, but it's very professional.

Any tips, ideas?

Thanks in advance,

David
Comix Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
down21

down21 is a glorious beacon of lightdown21 is a glorious beacon of lightdown21 is a glorious beacon of lightdown21 is a glorious beacon of lightdown21 is a glorious beacon of lightdown21 is a glorious beacon of lightdown21 is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, there are less than 10 active users right now, it's a ghost town.

Hope everyone has a great SDCC!
down21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #3
JasonM
Inmate of the Asylum!

JasonM is a jewel in the roughJasonM is a jewel in the roughJasonM is a jewel in the roughJasonM is a jewel in the rough

Looks like after effects to me.

Flash is'nt too bad, plus it translates well to multiple delivery methods. I've seen mixed results from fairly detailed to stick figure, so there's potential.

South Park was done with after effects to give you an idea of basic animation potential. I'd say easiest to learn with a lot of potential for the web is flash though.

Join the Ellium mailing list!
The_Ellium-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
JasonM is offline   Reply With Quote