Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 07-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
JamieRoberts

JamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud of

Stock photography?

Anybody ever use stock photography?

I used to use morguefile.com, istockphoto.com and photos.com, now I'm looking at more options. I've got just under a day to finish a brochure in order to get a shit-hot job, but all the stock photo sites are turning up crap.

All I need are a few pictures of 10-11 year olds playing sport (soccer, rugby and any event from a pentathlon). Incerdibly hard to find (and I can't afford to subscribe to any premium sites).

Any suggestions?
JamieRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #2
illojik
a.k.a. Jason Embury

illojik will become famous soon enough

www.dreamstime.com

The mandatory portfolio link, click me, click me...
illojik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
BIGROD
iongraphx.com

BIGROD is a glorious beacon of lightBIGROD is a glorious beacon of lightBIGROD is a glorious beacon of lightBIGROD is a glorious beacon of lightBIGROD is a glorious beacon of lightBIGROD is a glorious beacon of lightBIGROD is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.sxc.hu/

IONGRAPHX on XBOX Live

"You know, my parents are dead too, but I don't dress up as my favorite animal and wage a one-man war against exploding planets"
- Superman being interviewed about his friend Batman
BIGROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
JasonM
Inmate of the Asylum!

JasonM is a jewel in the roughJasonM is a jewel in the roughJasonM is a jewel in the roughJasonM is a jewel in the rough

shutterstock.com

Good luck!

Join the Ellium mailing list!
The_Ellium-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
JasonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:08 PM   #5
JamieRoberts

JamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud of

Thanks for the help guys! shutterstock's the best image-wise, but it seems you have to subscribe, unless I'm missing something.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #6
j giar
Has nothing to add.

j giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by quones
Thanks for the help guys! shutterstock's the best image-wise, but it seems you have to subscribe, unless I'm missing something.
Did you try the reference, reviews thread????
Panel continuity and storytelling should be the primary objective of all GOOD comic book art.
j giar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:51 PM   #7
Screeny
Quite!

Screeny is a splendid one to beholdScreeny is a splendid one to beholdScreeny is a splendid one to beholdScreeny is a splendid one to beholdScreeny is a splendid one to beholdScreeny is a splendid one to beholdScreeny is a splendid one to beholdScreeny is a splendid one to beholdScreeny is a splendid one to beholdScreeny is a splendid one to beholdScreeny is a splendid one to behold

Try stock.xchng

It's free to join & has shed loads of pics.

If you want pics of kids playing sport, why not just don a long coat, and hang around in the bushes at your local playing fields...you will probably get your head punched in by a few angry dads and get yourself arrested but suffering for your art is a good thing...
Screeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:04 PM   #8
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Buckyrig has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screeny
Try stock.xchng

It's free to join & has shed loads of pics.

If you want pics of kids playing sport, why not just don a long coat, and hang around in the bushes at your local playing fields...you will probably get your head punched in by a few angry dads and get yourself arrested but suffering for your art is a good thing...
Aqualung.
Buckyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:00 AM   #9
chrislynch
Monkey with a Machinegun

chrislynch is on a distinguished road

Flickr

Try doing a search for images licensed under the Creative Commons License on Flickr.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #10
The Anti-crest
Robert Tidwell - JUGGALO

The Anti-crest is just really niceThe Anti-crest is just really niceThe Anti-crest is just really niceThe Anti-crest is just really niceThe Anti-crest is just really nice

Deviantart.com has some, but its very time consuming to find the good ones.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:36 AM   #11
JamieRoberts

Hey guys! Sorry I missed the last couple of comments, but thanks for the help.

Job's done now, all I can do is cross my fingers...