Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
T.J. May
Writer/SUMM Publications

T.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks from SUMM to DW

Hey folks,

Just wanted to drop a thank you to all the guys at the DW booth in SDCC. Particularly Sean Dulaney for setting it up and letting us buy into the action. And Shawn Granger who was nice enough to let us ship our crap to him and then hauled from LA to SDCC for us. Instant new best friend forever , you maggot sperm, you.

We had a great show as far as networking went. Having the booth added a bit of legitimacy to our little operation. Highlights for me were meeting with reps from Bruckheimer and Buckaroo Productions (Raimi's reps). Robert Rodriguez passed by and grabbed a copy of Catching Lucifer's Lunch, and I also talked with Dave McKean for about 30 minutes. He flipped through the book and asked to keep a copy. Many, many other very cool contacts and potential work in the future.

Thanks again. See you all at NYC-CON in Feb. We'll be there sharing a booth with King Tractor Films.

See ya!
T
"[T.J. May's script] reminded me a bit of the kind of dark fable one might expect from Neil Gaiman...it definitely boasts that kind of strength."
--Don MacPherson (TheFourthRail.com)
www.tjmay.net
www.summ.net
T.J. May is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:48 PM   #2
MrGranger
I'm really Richard Corben

MrGranger is a jewel in the roughMrGranger is a jewel in the roughMrGranger is a jewel in the rough

I second that. A big thanks to Sean for organizing everything! The Digitalwebbing booth was tight but so was the instant friendships. Great group of people...those Digitalwebbing types. I'm sorry I had to cancel my booth babes, but our booth was a bit too small. I promise to bring them to NY.

I hope to hear about any developments from you guys. I know that I was still pitching Digitalwebbing projects at 4pm to some producers and have meetings next week & a few phone calls. I'm attached as producer now to one film project and another that I wrote is in the works. So it was a VERY good convention for me. Plus Diamond is going to get our books into the September Previews.

I learned SO much from everyone in the booth about what not to do and hope to incorporate much of your fantastic advice into the next cons. I was immediately humbled by all the amazing talent in and around the Digitalwebbing booth. Truly an event that I'll remember for a LONG time.

The only negative was that Jason May (SUMM) was flirting with my daughter a bit too much. Now I can't get her to stop talking about him.
MrGranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:45 PM   #3
T.J. May
Writer/SUMM Publications

T.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of lightT.J. May is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGranger

The only negative was that Jason May (SUMM) was flirting with my daughter a bit too much. Now I can't get her to stop talking about him.
Good thing she only met Jason. Had she met the entire Brothers May team who knows what hell you'd be in
"[T.J. May's script] reminded me a bit of the kind of dark fable one might expect from Neil Gaiman...it definitely boasts that kind of strength."
www.tjmay.net
www.summ.net
Old 07-25-2006, 01:52 PM   #4
j giar
Has nothing to add.

j giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud of

Hey T.J! I been meaning to say I enjoyed Catching Lucifers Lunch!
Glad things went well in SDCC! Best of Luck!
Panel continuity and storytelling should be the primary objective of all GOOD comic book art.
j giar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
T.J. May
Writer/SUMM Publications

Quote:
Originally Posted by j giar
Hey T.J! I been meaning to say I enjoyed Catching Lucifers Lunch!
Glad things went well in SDCC! Best of Luck!
Glad you liked it. In fact Diamond and I are working on re-releasing the book around the NYC-CON. We all felt we released the book at the wrong time, being it was at the start of the DC/MARVEL event season. It never had a chance since it's not of a "hot" genre.

We'll do something special with it too. So, keep an eye out.

See ya
T
www.tjmay.net
www.summ.net
Old 07-26-2006, 12:48 AM   #6
Larime Taylor

Larime Taylor will become famous soon enough

I had a lot of fun meeting the Brothers May and Mr Granger on Saturday. I really liked their books and appreciate their support of my own project.

Look forward to staying in touch!
Larime Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #7
MrGranger

MrGranger is a jewel in the roughMrGranger is a jewel in the roughMrGranger is a jewel in the rough

Was cool meeting you and again...that was some pretty amazing work you had there.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:50 PM   #8
jimmycakes
Jason May: Robot Man

jimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of lightjimmycakes is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larime Taylor
I had a lot of fun meeting the Brothers May and Mr Granger on Saturday. I really liked their books and appreciate their support of my own project.

Look forward to staying in touch!

That book of your's is lookin' damn good Larime. Keep pushing it. You should have no problem!

I'm beat.... It was awesome meeting all the DW folks. That 50 person BBQ was a good time. Hmmm... we didn't really barbeque people. 50 people showed up for meat.

T.J. covered just about everything. I snagged some Zombie Highway action which I havent been able to get my hands on. Still need #2. Cody Chamberlain was fantastic. What a nice fellow. Got to talk to Chris Kirby a bit. Forgive the spelling if I'm messing up here. Can't wait for SD next year. I'll be much more prepared, artwise, and more mentally sound. At least when the show starts.

I AM a Wii pimp and I can't help it...
jimmycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #9
Dexxell
Bughouse Resident

Dexxell will become famous soon enough

I going to HAVE to come to SD next year so I can hang with you guys. Sounds like I really missed out.

"Woody and The Noble was enjoyable, twisted fun that satisfied my devious inner child.
-Panelsonpages.com
Dexxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:56 AM   #10
T.J. May
Writer/SUMM Publications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexxell
I going to HAVE to come to SD next year so I can hang with you guys. Sounds like I really missed out.
Yeah man. If you haven't already done so, you'd option ZH in a heartbeat next year.
www.tjmay.net
www.summ.net
Old 07-27-2006, 10:10 AM   #11
MrGranger

Maybe you are in NY? I've got friends of friends...maybe we can talk?