Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 07-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #1
j giar
Has nothing to add.

j giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud of

Question Website Help

Hey ladies and gents. I need your help. I'm taking the big step!! Yes, from blog to a website!!! Being internet unsavy, I could use your help. I have someone that has offered to design and set it up for me. My question is.. any recommendations for hosting geared to a practical and dim-witted, website newbee such as I.
I need something that will be easy for me to maintain and update. I don't want something cheap...I've heard geocites take a couple of bad raps here.
Any suggestions??
Panel continuity and storytelling should be the primary objective of all GOOD comic book art.
j giar is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
Scott Story
www.johnnysaturn.com

Scott Story has disabled reputation

To be honest, I've been on geocities since 98, and I've had no real complaints. I pay about 9.00 a month, and I get no ads, lots of bandwidth, tons of storage space, and nice tools.

The only issue I've ever had is that people here and elsewhere have denigrated geocities as 'unprofessional', and I've been concerned that might reflect back on me. That hasn't been my long term experience, though. If you got one of those free sites with all the popups, I'm sure it would.

As far as ease of updating, I suggest you get cuteftp for your ftp needs. I use Adobe Golive for a lot of my web needs, but for all the basic stuff I still like Netscape Composer, which is free with Netscape. I believe in simple, straghtforward websites.

Have fun!
Scott Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
L Jamal
ljamal.com

L Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud of

$9/ month? for one web site?
Wow That's expensive. I pay about $13/ month combined for about 8 web sites.

FOR ALL YOUR WEB AND PRINT NEEDS
PORTFOLIO
L Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:32 PM   #4
j giar
Has nothing to add.

j giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljamal
$9/ month? for one web site?
Wow That's expensive. I pay about $13/ month combined for about 8 web sites.
Is it unprofessional to ask where you hosting through Jamal?

Guys, keep in mind alot of the sjit you're saying is like reading chinese for me.
Panel continuity and storytelling should be the primary objective of all GOOD comic book art.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
L Jamal
ljamal.com

L Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud of

www.hostexellence.com
Hearing all you guys paying so much so hosting almost makes me want to set-up a reseller account and charge like $3/month and make a tidy litle profit.

FOR ALL YOUR WEB AND PRINT NEEDS
PORTFOLIO
L Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #6
j giar
Has nothing to add.

thanks Jamal...
Old 07-26-2006, 01:55 PM   #7
Ingrid K. V. Hardy
Owner of a Rabid Horse

Ingrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant future

Hey, yeah thanks jamal, I've learned something too, (but was too shy to ask! ) Hope I didn't steal any space from you, j .... oops that's right, don't be polite, don't be polite..

Over 50 and still nifty.
Ingrid K. V. Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote